Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

top speed increase on the 360

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006 | 09:49 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default top speed increase on the 360

HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL--I havent posted in awhile and miss reading all the great info on this site--Here is a tip for every quad owner especially us 360 guys lookin for top end---I had mine in for the recall over a year ago---the lame dealer had it for two weeks and I have vowed never to get any work done by them again--around the same time I also put a comet clutch into it to replace the worn stocker--ever since I have been a little disappointed because my top end seriously decreased--flat out on the side of the railroad tracks i top out at 37 mph--I checked my front end alignment today with a couple of strings strung form the rear tires to the front and my tires were all out of wack, even though they werent showing any unusual wear--i adjusted the tie rods and made both front wheels perfectly straight and perpendicular with the rears---AMAZING--steers better and I gained at least a couple of miles an hour on the top end---I will try and let you know exactly how many next time i get a straight level run to clock it
MORAL OF THIS STORY---dealer just slapped the front end recall on and didnt bother to do it right--I know some folks suggest a little toe in on the front end alignment but to roll the best and fastest try making them dead nuts straight---GOOD LUCK TO ALL-THIS FORUM IS GREAT

Old 01-01-2007 | 03:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default top speed increase on the 360

I was wondering how you been oleman, Thanks for the tip, Im about to tear my 360 down(plastic and such) and do all the check ups and maintences. Also ill need to do a good old clean job. 3 and a half years and im sure there is allot of junk uner them plastic.