Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

four wheeler runs but will not go

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default four wheeler runs but will not go

I have a 220 kawasaki bayou four wheeler that will not go. It runs fine but will not move when the throttle is pushed. Yes, it is in gear. What should i check to fix the problem?

Old 04-08-2007, 02:02 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default four wheeler runs but will not go

on the right side of the bike there should be a cover just above and behind the foot-peg, most likely it will have 3 screws. Take it off. underneath that, you should have a flathead screw that is locked in place with a nut. This is your clutch tensioner adjustment. I recommend you consult your owners manual just to be sure, but i'll tell you off of memory how to adjust it. If my suggestion doesnt work, reverse the clockwise/counterclockwise and try it again. Loosen the locknut (leave it on, just nice and loose-maybe a couple of full turns from snug). Using a screwdriver (and taking care not to strip the screw) rotate the screw counterclockwise until it doesnt go anymore. Then rotate it clockwise until it doesnt go anymore. Last, rotate it counterclockwise until you feel tension. Tighten your locknut and put your cover back on. You should be good to go. The other thing that it may be is that the oil you used has a special lube in it that will not allow the clutches to grip, but I have never actually heard of this happening-ive just heard that it is possible with some lubes. I strongly suggest consulting the manual for clutch adjustment, as this is the procedure (if I even remember it correctly) for a lakota sport, which has a bayou 300 engine. I believe that the engines are fairly similar.
Best of luck, let us know if it works!
esonnen