Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New BF650i-- issues on the first ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New BF650i-- issues on the first ride

So my buddy picked up a new BF650i and we went to the gaslines to play around yesterday.The first thing was a carb issue-it seemed like it picked up a piece of debris in one idle circuit or pilot circuit on one of the carbs.It all the sudden started running poor and belching unburnt fuel and black smoke for about 10 miles.This all happened after several mudholes and some higherspeed water crossing-we were initially thinking a wet electrical connection until we realized it was running just fine once you got it off of idle and were actually riding it-just stopping and starting became an issue.After several more mudruns and watercrossings he jumped the quad over an erosion control mound and the thing cleared its throat and ran fine the rest of the ride.Were hoping that it was just a piece of manufacturing debris that found its way into a carb and finally its been shucked out or sucked in.We'll know more next time out.

The second issue it has seems to be coming from the frontend area-a clunking noise can be heard anytime the driveline seems to slop up-like braking or over stutter bumps or even decellerating froma throttle blip will make this clunking noise-I initally thought loose shock but that doesnt seem to be the case-is this a common noise on these BF's?Has anyone encountered similar issues with theres?
Thanks guys-my buddy is not on the computer much so I thought Id see if I could find anything out before he makes the 75 mile trek back to the dealer.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New BF650i-- issues on the first ride

the rattle on deceleration is more than likely the cvt engine brake control, this is a normal noise. but just to be safe do a visual checkover and make sure the engine bolts are tight along with everthing else.