Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

clogging radiator baffles

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clogging radiator baffles

any idea on how to keep radiaotr baffles from clogging up so quick on the trail rdies.

when going from deep mud to dusty trails, I just cant keep the radiator clean enough not to be getting so hot... I dont over heat, but seeing that hot indicator all the time gets you feeling un easy

Old 05-25-2008, 01:01 AM
Trailblazer

Kawi's are not the only bikes in this mess with the overheating. I have been on rides where all makes overheat. If you are in the tail end of a poker run, the mud holes are all stirred up with silt. When that silt gets in the rad and gets baked, it becomes hard.
I bought a rad wash kit from Highlifter and it is the answer. When I stop to clean out my rad on the trail, the line forms behind me. Popo's, Yamaha, BRP, any rad cooled bike will need to be cleaned during a mud run in warm weather.
I am thinking relocating my rad, but, do I do enough mudding to make it worth it? I think my Highlifter rad wash kit works great.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

thanks, will look into it.

friend of mine has the Suz/ KQ700 and he gets same issue, but not as much. I noticed nothing on the sides of his radiator, framing it out if you will...wonder if there is way to cut that plastic out around the side of the radiator. Also thought about some type of heavier guard for the front of it...but issue really comes from the back side of the radiator as that never gets to wash clean when your the first in...