Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New here need help,electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here need help,electrical problem

Working on a 95 Bayou 300-- 4x2 use it on the farm. Was pulling a small manure spreader the other day--running fine, just quit and now I have no power to anything.
This is what I have checked so far:
Charged battery, main fuse, voltage thru fuse, voltage to key switch, continuity of key switch, continuity for ground between negative on battery to handlebars and frame, continuity of main ground cable from battery it was good but I pulled off the engine end of ground cable and cleaned just in case.
So far everything is normal as far as voltage and continuity but whole electrical system is dead. No neutral light, no spinning of starter nothing just like the battery was removed.
Is there another ground cable or some kind of fusable link some where in the wiring that may have blown and is preventing all the circuits from working?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Old 06-04-2018, 02:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Firstly, did you check the voltage through system with a 12v test lamp? If you only tested with a meter, you must be getting voltage with no current, otherwise things would work. Make sure the battery isn't completely shot, and check power to fuse and ignition switch, with a high wattage test lamp. There will be another earth lead too, from battery or engine to frame. Use the lamp to check the negative side as well.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did just check everything with a meter, not a test light. Won't have time to check it again at least until this coming weekend. Battery should be good is only about three months old but will also recheck it. Thanks for the suggestions will let you know.