Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Prairie 360 4x4 rolls when in gear and off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prairie 360 4x4 rolls when in gear and off. I need some input please.

Hello all, I am in need of advice and input.
I am restoring a 2011 prairie 360 4x4. What a mess the previous owner left it in. I traded a running 2000 Yamaha Bear tracker 250 2x4 for it. I'm beginning to think I may have gotten the short end of the deal . I replaced the entire swing-arm and differential because when I opened it up the pinion gear was totally toothless and the ring gear had a hillbillies smile, gaps all over. The wet brakes were installed completely wrong , not in correct order . It starts, idles great,not a high idle so to not hinder the shifting into gear. After I replaced the rear end it went into gear H L and reverse and engaged and moved under power. I shifted to neutral to move my other ATVs to make room got back on and shifted into H and nothing. I tried all the other gears and nothing. When I leave it in gear when off I can still roll it like it's in neutral. I checked the shifter linkage alignment and the stub up for proper position and all checked out. I had to chisel off the secondary clutch nut to replace the belt and when I spin the shaft when it's in gear the shaft spins freely. I moved the shifter while spinning the shaft and a felt it catch slightly but not hold. I have an idea that it might be the shifter fork in the transmission. I am going to hold that thought until my new secondary is delivered. I would like to hear from anyone that has dealt with or has any input about this problem . I think I gave all the info needed, but if I missed anything let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.
JovialMobius.

Last edited by mobius008; 06-05-2023 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Added plea for advice