Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

my LAKOTA review......for what its worth

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2001, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gaff,
Hey bud say what you gotta say! Don't worry about anyone's views on here regarding you posts. I personally want to hear exactly what you think, and everyone else for that matter. If you diagree or feel very strongly about a particular procedure, dude I wanna know. If I offend someone here, I don't mean to. Sometimes words are just taken the wrong way. We are all "friends" here. Say what you gotta say!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

2000Mojave,
Thanks for the info. and I do agree with you. What all can be done to the Lakota in that area? They don't make the same parts for it. The motors are compleletly different. There is something that does interest me. You all have prob. seen me post it before: What about a Mojave carb. on a Lakota. It is a 34mm vs a 32mm. This would certainly help get more in. I don't know I would even start with the jetting really. I know that Web. Cam will "rework" a Lakota cam. However, they don't list that on their site and I don't know the details. I don't know what they change the duration and lift to.

I have been thinking of this tire combo. What do yall think? Front: Maxxis Pro 22" (now thinking of the Goodyears too. Would have been nice if they tested other tires too.) and Bandit 20" on the rear. I have been thinking of the Maxxis All Tracs too, but they don't come in 20". I'm tore between the ground clearance and the handling.

I do have a pretty cool picture of a dude's Lakota. He has shaved the fenders. I think it looks pretty cool. I if yall wanna see it send me your email address. Looks like 20" on the back and looks sweet.

Old 09-29-2001, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah! I forgot to ask if anyone on here can do the shift lever procedure, and do it right of course? I would be willing to send mine to ya if anyone is interested(I would pay ya of course). I don't have a welder nor know how to use one. I can solder to beat hell though!

Old 09-29-2001, 02:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Where do you find the lakota hop ups at the bottom of the page?

STEBOB-done any good riding? Are you going to your folks at x-mas?

Info on 250ex, the 250ex feels quicker in 1,2and 3 rd gear, but really is not. Honda will sell 200 ex to every 1 lakota. You will never convince a honda owner that your adjustable shocks,3 disc brakes, spockets are better, you are faster etc.

Old 09-29-2001, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

Well stebob lets just let the big bore lie were it may.
Even the graet honda riders have so much bashing and argueing going on.
We are all going in the rite direction here lets keep it up.
About tires, I my self need a little more top end, and at the same time making taller gears at the bottom.So I'm not real sure about the rear tires yet I'll have to see come mid october when the last of my mods come in. I should have a pretty good idea when I install the 13T sprocket this week.
As far as the 34 mm carb, I believe by christmas one of us will be thier.
You would want as much fuel as possible, but I believe at this time it would be more trouble than worth.
I would (in my future) think a reworked cam and a head work over with maybe some re-angled valve seats with possibly new larger valves with stronger valve springs!!!!!!
I'm not thinking 34 mm carb I'm thinking 36 or possibly 38 mm carb.
I haven't thought it all out yet, but I see it coming.
I have one more very useful resource available to me I never had back in the drag days.
My brother bill. A very highly regarded machinest who happens to own a welding Biz.
I'm going to give him a call about 9:30 am east coast time have him read the lakota mods. and see if he can help some brothers out.
Now I must worn you he owns a worrier and if he starts feeling insacure all you'll hier is 250r, 250r, 250r,250r
I've stated before and I'll say it again.
If you haven't noticed the shift lever, rear brake lever or the need to be an ape for the handle bars, get out and start riding that lakota.
I work off-shore and am out here rite now, but when I get home the handle bar mod will be done.
As far as the brake clevis and shift lever old brother bill will be doing mine weather he likes it or not.

Old 09-29-2001, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Hay guys, Talked with brother bill.
He checked out the mods to the brake clevis and gear shifter and he doesn't see any problem with doing it.
He said for me to send it to him and give a week turn around on it.
He also said he would like to do mine first to see what the cost would be, such as frieght and labor.
He also said he has no problem helping anyone out,he understands how un trusting riders can be about others working on them.
Of course I had to here 250r, 250r,250r,250r
And that he was going to ride the worrier today.
He was telling me my nephew who owns a 01/400ex bought a 01/banchee. Did any of you know a new banchee only comes with a twenty day warrenty.
Doesn't say much for yamahas confadence in it!!