Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

wipe out!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 09:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know all you guys have had some close calls while ridin, or even had a bad accident. Lets hear em!
I've had 1 really bad accident. I ramped a road aproach, did a nose dive and racked my chest on the handlebars. The fourwheeler rolled over me AT LEAST 2 times. AfterI opened my eyes, i was coughin up blood, couldn't breathe, and would pass out then wake up constantly. My lung POPPED! A friend got to a phone. I was air lifted and was in intensive care for 6 days. I'm good as new now, and am ready for some more... "NO PAIN, NO GAIN!"

Old 10-17-2001, 07:01 AM
Range Rover

Man and I was bumin about totaling my Sportsman500ho! After reading your story I feel lucky! I got like 1 scrach and 1 lump of a bruse. I hope you make a full recovery.

Old 10-18-2001, 03:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

i'm so MAD right now!!... i was at a party with my fourwheeler. I left and all was good until some drunk guy was drivin around in my dads field, pushing round bails all over. I nicely went up and told him to leave. He backed right into my mojave. The new supertrapp IDS2 pipe is all bent UP!!! my rear plastic didn't break because i managed to wrap the mojave around a sign earlier and that already did the job for the back fender. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-18-2001, 08:42 AM
Range Rover

Man I think I found someone with worse luck than me. I roll my 2001 sp500ho totaled it. 2 weekends later someone hits my 2001 dakota in the parking lot and did not leave a note it was 700 bucks damage. Now I'm thinking do I turn it in to insurance or do I eat it? I think I'll turn it in thats why I have it.

Old 10-19-2001, 01:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Pringles - "No pain, no gain" Sounds like you are proud of this accomplishment. Let me know where you ride so I can stay clear of you!

Old 10-19-2001, 08:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

sitndux... I know yer kiddin, but I'll be riding close to Sioux Falls SD this coming summer at a motocross track in a near town, Renner... I do mainly trail riding and gravel pit riding... nebraska isn't that far away, maybe we'll meet up some day??

You only learn from yer mistakes.. that's why i say "no pain, no gain"

Old 10-20-2001, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider

Mine is pale in comparison to that one, but i was going through a rythm section at my local MX track and i came up short on the second of five doubles, and the quad went cartwheeling and sent me over the third double and my shoulder landed on top of the landing ramp. I escaped with a dislocated vertebrae and a broken collarbone and shoulder, i thought my wreck was bad, damn man.

Old 10-20-2001, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

My moment of glory was about 20 years ago on a Honda 250R 3 wheeler with an extended axle. It was dark and I was going to power slide around a tire in some grass before reaching a concrete parking lot at my folk's gas station. Did I mention my night blindness? Heh, I caught the rear tire on the target tire, got my foot under the rear wheel at about 30 mph and over we went, sliding across the concrete. It measured off about 20 feet of sliding. Burnt my back to hell, and broke my big toe. One skin mark on the brake master cylinder... Being a kid, I made sure my mom never found out. I hid the limp well, and was in a work uniform so I didn't have any personal clothes she had to see. LOL. Hmm... that would have made me 17 at the time.