Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave V.S. Blaster and Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all which bike is faster stock a Kawasaki Mojave or a Yamaha Blaster? How fast is a stock Mojave? And if I order a K&N Power Kit, FMF Megamax 2 Silencer, and 13 tooth sprocket how mcuh speed will I gain? and will I beat a warrior?

Old 12-23-2001, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 93 mojave below and i can smoke a worrior.if u get those mods and lose some weight u should be able to keep up with the yammy.As far a the blaster i could smoke one of those when mine was stock.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2001, 04:09 PM
Trailblazer

dirt wheels magazine lists the top speed of a stock mojave at about 52 mph while a stock blaster runs about 56 mph so on a stock machine unless the guy on the blaster is much heavier the blaster is faster.as far as the warrior I believe the top speed is around 63/65 mph.These readings are for stock machines with similar sized riders in a staight line drag race.When you say you can smoke a blaster or warrior you must mean through the woods which would indicate that you are a better rider than your friends on the yamahas

Old 12-24-2001, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

For one thing there WRONG.A stock mojave will go 57mph.And when i said i could smoke a yammy that was on the road a drag race.I could kill a blaster when mine was stock

Old 12-24-2001, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

I don't hold much in these top speeds and drag racing of the quads.
It's so much rider ability that counts, and the mojave as well as the lakota has shown real good track times compare to other quads.

I wouldn't think the warrior would do all that graet on the tracks and the woods, atleast with me on it. I road one around some, has graet mid and top ranges but not all that much bottom.
I couldn't put my finger on it but it felt heavier and aukword to move around in the sadle to get some leaning in to be able to get some fast passes in.

I work on tons of blasters, pretty quick and can be made much quicker.
Found in the woods, just to un predictable to stay in the powerband and still try to maintain. With me on it 230lbs, it takes alot to feel any type of bottom, but once you get into the powerband it halls, the braeks absolutly suck, suck, suck!!!!!!!!!!
I'm starting to hier some matters with the mojave concerning suspention, but I believe they say that about all quads.
As far as dallor for dallor, the warrior doesn't hold a chance, the mojave list for $4099, but see them for $3500 just about every were, can't remember what a blaster cost, but it's cheap.
In my best recommendation, don't get the blaster if your planning on woods riding!!

Old 12-25-2001, 01:06 AM
Trailblazer

I agree with you on the brakes I own a y2k blaster and the brakes are absolutley horrible.But I still disagree with Mojavekid13 about the top speed every magazine for the last few years have stated that a blaster is faster in a straight line than a mojave.so I think it comes down to rider ability.I know that in a staight line my blaster is faster than my brother in laws 300ex by about 10 feet at the finish line.But through the woods he has the advantage because of a superior suspension and brakes.People need to realize that top speed does not make a quad .A perfect example would be the 400ex and Raptor,the Raptor has all that motor but on an MX track the 400ex posts faster times because of better handling.People also need to realize that some of these quads are so closly matched that the advantage magazines talk about is so slight the average rider would never notice a difference.Buy what you like.I personally would not buy another Blaster because of the brakes and lack of creature comforts I also would not buy a mojave because I think they weigh to much for what they are, but hey thats just me .I think the 300ex is a way better quad than both of them for trail riding.

Old 12-25-2001, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

It is all rider ability and matching a quad to your ability.
In the early 80's after owning many bikes I finally started leading the pack with what poeple believed was one of the slower bikes around, It was a husky CR-250.
I can't remember ever winning a drag race or top end runs with it but on saterday nights I won nearly every moto thier was in my area, reason being it fit me like a glove.
At this same time I had a honda CR-125 and a kawi KX-250 niether I could ride worth a crap.
In road racing the GSXR was never known for it's drag or top end abilities, but the cam over lap at 5500 rpm's gave it a two stroke hit that the better handling hondas and the horse power king kawi could never catch it.
Quads were never made for drag racing or top speeds, so I don't know what to tell you all except if you own a raptor and can't ride it thiers plenty that will have fun with you.
I was at the track about two months ago and watched a moded recon and a 250 ex take over all top five finishes, what could be said about all the raptors and 400-EX that finished behind them.
The moral of the story is you need to find a quad that fits you.
I have a lakota and no one gives me a chance, but my day will come.
I would love to post some video of my son on his week end smoking of warriors, ex's, raptors, blasters, and he rides a moded XR-80
The quad doesn't win the race YOU DO!!!

Old 12-25-2001, 01:17 PM
Trailblazer

Exactly I say buy what you are comfortable on people read to much into top speed and what the magazines say.before you buy something see if you can borrow one and ride it to see if it suits you and try to ride as many similar quads to make an educated decision on a purchase.Buying a quad that you later find out was a mistake is a costly mistake.Thats what happened to me,I did not want to buy a used quad but I also did not want to spend a ton of money on an occasionally used toy.So I bought a blaster,a good quad but not really suited to my age,size or ability.For the type of trail riding I do, the recon that I later purchased for my son would have been a much better choice.Also I do not think that unless you are a pro rider that mods a good idea the lessen the reliability of the machine and shorten engine life.but hey thats just my opinion and I'm a moron