Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Smokin' 322 lakota

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 02:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gaff- you are building what kawi should have to start with. You need to do a manual clutch swap. When is the cam coming?

Should have the 686 up and running by 3/15/02

Old 03-10-2002, 06:43 AM
Range Rover

Great to hear you got it back togather. Have you ran it on the gps yet? It's great to hear you where ripping up that 400ex. Did you all drag race? It sounds that that beast is ripping. How does it handle now. It sounds like tthis is a kit that i have to get. Good luck with the cylinder.

Old 03-10-2002, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure when I can do the cam, at the moment I have the jug on it's way back to a machine shop to get the clearences I want. Web and mickey can do the cam, I'm going with mickey, but have no time to do it now. The cam does not require heavier valve springs, so sense the lakota has a side entry cam, the swop out should be less than a thirty minute job, just need the time for it now.
As it stands I'll be in Kentucky for a race on the 24th, and the motor won't be back together until the 22nd, not much time for error here.
I'll talk to mickey about the cam and a manual clutch kit at the loretta lynns race. I can handle the semi-auto pretty well, but no matter how you slice it, shifting takes a bit longer than the manual clutch. Although with power, you can go into a corner a gear high and just pull like a tractor coming out, this was a real cool way to push ahead in the straights.
The porting job gave me some more power range up top. The lakota pulled real strong further in the RPM range wich I was hoping for.
A cam will help it go even further in the RPM range and maybe pipe down that huge bottom end. Thier was no delay in waiting on the power range to come in, power comes straight off idle and never lets up, wow, mickey should make more of these kits.
but I'll get it out on the XC coarse in a couple weeks and see how it does in the pack. As with every power increase I gave the lakota, it seems the suspention gets better, or is it because you can go through all the gears and the front end barely touches the ground, wow, who cares!!!!!
Well I only wish kawi would give us something like this stock, but I guess I'm sick of WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2002, 09:17 PM
Range Rover

Well went riding to day not a very good day though. My chain came off cracked my sidecase chain came off. Rear axle bearings and breaks are shot. Going back to the dealer for warranty work. I'm going to get some stuff on and fix it up and sell it. I need some thing with more speed and better shocks to handle my jumping. This is the 2nd time its cracked.