Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I just got my ITP C series rims for my P650 and you CAN use the stock bolts>

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all

I just got my ITP C Series rims today and titan 589 m/t tires and all is well. I was told that the stock lugnuts won't work, but they seem to work just fine. I spent 30 bucks on aftermarket chrome ones and they are exactly the same as the stock ones excpet longer and chrome. When i ordered them via my dealer they were specifically for the p650 and work with the c series rims. When i seen the stock ones would work ofcourse i brought the other ones back and got my 30 bucks. someone told me here at this message board the stock ones won't work but I don't see why not. Also I didn't need any thin wall socket I just used a regular deepwell 17mm and I had all 4 tires on in 20 mins. Anyway, I just wanted to post this cuze there is some misinformation around. I'll have pics on my site later of the new tires and rims on my bike....happy riding

Old 06-14-2002, 08:11 AM
Pro Rider

lackdog---Guess I am the bad guy, with the mis-information. MY socket was too thickwalled to work. Sorry. BTW-- My lug nuts were very cheap. $4.00 for 16. They ARE NOT chrome, however. I bought them from Rocky Mtn. ATV. There is also the possiblity that ITP changed the diameter of the counter bored "wells" that the lug nuts seat down into. We might just have to do some measuring!
Nice looking wheels, huh?

Old 06-14-2002, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

lackdog, At least that guy didn't suggest a tire and wheel company that sends you the wrong wheels entirely! HA!
Just kidding Mike, they are taking care of me.

For what it's worth, I have seen trx450's wheels and the stock lug nuts would not work on there, so he wasn't lying, just sharing his experience.

Old 06-14-2002, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Hey trx450 I wasn't trying to point fingers. Actually you didn't say for sure they wouldn't work you said they "might" not work. So are the lugnuts you bought tapered or are they flat like the stock lugnuts...? When I got my tires/rims a friend of mine bought the exact same rims and tires in the exact same sizes as mine, but for a 02 grizzley 660. His rims HAD to take the tapered lugs. You could see the bevel in the rim where the tapered lug centered and the holes were also bigger. On mine the holes for the lug bolts were exactly the same size as the lugbolts with no bevel. Anyway, I love the rims I think they look GREAT...!!! The only thing that i don't like is that I lost 1/2 inch of ground clearance with the Titan 589 M/T's. They are the exact same size as the stock tires

25x10x12 and 25x8x12

But when you put the stock tire next to one of my new ones the 589's are WAY smaller in diameter. I measured from the floorboard before I put them on and it was 13 inches, now with the new tires its 12.5 inches. I was hoping to gain ground clearance instead I lost some. It's not much though so i'm not worried about it. Again, I'm not calling you a liar and I value your opinion and insight. Just don't let it happen again LOL
j/k :-)

Happy riding

Old 06-14-2002, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

Lackdog--- The lug nuts are same as stock, only they have 14MM flats, instead of the stock 17MM flats. Yep, the Grizz has tapered seats for tapered lug nuts. My pal Wrecks has the "C's" on his 660 Grizz, I've seen what you mean.
I STILL want to measure the dia. of the "wells" on my wheels, and compare to yours.
Buckeye-- That's too bad about your situation. That's the first time that I have heard of East Ky. Motorsports NOT PROVIDING excellent service! Guess you won't be testing those tires on Sunday, huh? You'll probably be "piloting" the grill, instead! LOL
OH YEAH--- about the tire diameter, and g.c. loss. I have been hearing more and more ,about these tires NOT being a true to spec size. I would say it is safe to assume that a 1" larger diameter tire spec. will REALLY only be about 1/2" larger. That is what I've been seeing on these ITP and Maxxis tires that I run!

Old 06-14-2002, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

trx450, I thought your lugnuts were tapered too! Maybe I was looking at the Grizz.

They said they will take care of it and send me the correct wheels, so we will see. I got the back tires from Rocky Mountain and I think the rear rims are the correct ones, I talked to East Ky. again, they re-use boxes from other rims to ship wheels in. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but he assured me they are the correct ones and they do seem to fit.

FYI for anyone..

Part Numbers for the Black Billet Magnum rims are as follows: (According to ITP Customer Service)

Front - 12B116
Rear - 12B117