Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave v.s. Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a few questions how good is the mojave for jumping, hill climbs, top speed, quickness v.s the yamaha blaster? are the mojave brakes good? do these machines have any faults?

Old 08-06-2002, 05:47 PM
Range Rover

My friend has a blaster and they are very very close in all the catagories. so it really depends on the rider. here is what i think/expericenced.

Jumping I think the blaster is better cause it is lighter.

Hill climb ? mine has climbed everything his has & vise versa

Top speed Mojave

quickness very close I think the mojave but it could be the blaster on a count of it being a 2 stroke this one's probley how good the rider is.

Price Blaster is Cheaper by less than 1000.

Overall I think the mojave is better because it is a four-stroke. but again they are very very close.

I accual went to the dealear to buy a blaster and came out with a mojave because they did not have the blaster in stock. and i ended up going with the mojave rather than the blaster.

Old 08-06-2002, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply cause right now i do have a blaster but its in not so hot shape so i was thinking about a new mojave. any more people?

Old 08-06-2002, 06:45 PM
Range Rover

No problem, Over all I think the mojave is alot less matinance. My buddy always has to do something to his. His is older than mine though.

Old 08-06-2002, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

I would pick the mojave...Mine jumps very well and is easy to jump...I've only done about three really tough hill climbs on my mojave the first was very steep but smooth (no rocks or roots or anything) it did very well, the second was steep in spots but had a lot of rocks and roots and obsticles like that still the mojave handled it like a champ, the third and last one was extemely steep with a big root right in the center..(I should have known better) I made it almost all the way to the top and the Mojave started rocking back and forth Like a dumbass I didn't get on the clutch and the mojave started to roll backwards 1st gear held it and it tumbled end over end one of the tires landed on my back (hurt like hell)..Well, anyways the mojave climbs very well if you know how to ride it. It's also very fast and requires very little maintainence. Gas and Go!!

Old 08-09-2002, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

I would actually pick a brand new blaster since the 2003 have hydraulic brakes all around. It is a 1000 cheaper and accelerates just as hard and goes just as fast. That is stock vs stock of course. Unless you really want reverse and 4-stroke but I will tell you that my mojave has needed far more attention to the motor than my old blaster did. And my blaster was heavily modified to the point that it should of affected reliabilty but never did. My mojave is not modified to that extreme but cant seem to take it. I have had very many problems with it and it has been apart so much this year that I can say I have lost the summer. If it wouldnt of been for bad brakes on the blaster I would have had no money inveated for break downs. Blaster is definetly a better jumper but not alot better. Hillclimbs they are about the same. Handling they are similiar but a little bit different. Not sure which one I would pick for handling since they are both short and narrow. The mojave is a little heavier in the rear so it does help keep the rear end from hopping around. If you are planning on buying new I would take the blaster and take the 1000 bucks you saved and buy some chassis parts to improve the handling.

Old 08-09-2002, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks alot mentalmojave. Now i just have to get ridda my old quad and get another.

Old 08-10-2002, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have both and the blaster is still runnong so what does that tell ya well maybe that the mojaves have very weak trannys and have tendince to have the radiator an quit then get to hot and sucking a valve ruining a 800 dollar head 100 dollar piston and at least 2 valves 100 dollars overall if that happens your better of melting it for scrap