Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

P-650 Clutch spring and snorkle

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK guys--- Who has the fastest shipping on the EPI "black spring", and the Diamond G Snorkle? I wanted them yesterday........

Old 09-16-2002, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Over night it but it will cost as much as the parts if not more.

Old 09-16-2002, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

monte-- can I buy 'em anywhere other than EPI, and Diamond G., though?

Old 09-16-2002, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Not that I know of When do you need them by. Are you looking for the trip to the trail or some other thing

Old 09-16-2002, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

TRX,
Ask Mike Penland, I got my springs from him, as well as stock jets, filter, tires...
Bearman is the only guy I know of for the snorkle..

Old 09-16-2002, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

monte-- I am just inspired to do the stuff as it is TOO DUSTY to ride here. Thought I'd make good use of the down time! Haven't been able to do much to the bike other than routine maintenance.......I've been riding EVERY weekend since April 15, except two!
Am doing nyroc's muffler mod today. May adjust valves tonite. Need to do the heavy oil service: change all oils.
Surveyor-thanx for the lead!

Old 09-16-2002, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Gather you found some money.. Good luck on the mods they are real quick and easy to do. I haven't done my vavles yet I only have about40-50 hrs on it and 400 miles. I am waiting on the muffler I think I am going to go with a supper trap so I can adjust the sound of it with discs for performance and quiet when hunting. I like the Progressive shocks that I just installed it just is a little rougher when you ride it hard through rough terrain. It took a lot of the dive away from the front end thou.

Old 09-16-2002, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

I have 104hr/1100 mi. it is valve adj. time

Old 09-16-2002, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

TRX,
the instructions in the ser manual for the valve adjust are a little much as far as what needs to come off..
you only need to pull the center section of the plastic, & the inner peices inside the front wheelwells closest to the floorboards off to get to the valves..

all the other stuff (front fender, rack, plastic, all wheelwells, cover behind the radiator, etc..
is a waste of time..it really does not need to come off..
when doing valve adj, you'll need a feeler guage (the thinner the better-in width) that is bent about 90 degrees, I found that since the enginers don't give you a lot of room, I was better off to set them loose, make double sure that I got the feeler guage under the valve stems, then adjust to specs..otherwise you can think that you have it, but are putting the feeler guage under the top retainer of the valves..

hope this helps..

I ended up getting a 145 jet (Keihin) & swapping out the 142 that was in the rear to the front, put the 145 in the rear, mix screws at 2 3/4 to 3 turns, synch carbs, snorkle & twin air filter..
I had a Mike P style airbox lid mod, but with the snorkle it was just a little lean..seemed to need a shim under the needle & about 1/4 more on the mix screw.. I went back with the stock lid & its fine..

stock jets are about 6 bux each.. you may want to read back a thread about "mega mods" by alltoys, real informative...

I have the black & red springs, but have not put them in yet..I either need a pulley holder or a impact wrench to put back on..off dosen't seem to be a problem from roc's library..on a little more involved without a impact..
ended up with sur tracs all around..lots better than the dumbflops..for sure..I had a little starting probs, but 200 miles & 60 hrs or so..so while not milage, but run time had something to do with it..
it breathes a lot better, & the sur tracks hook up well on hardpack that I run at work..

Old 09-17-2002, 07:42 AM
Pro Rider

Surveyor-- thanx for the jetting info and the scoop on what I REALLY have to remove, to do the valve adjust!

Quick Reply: P-650 Clutch spring and snorkle