Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Clutch adjusting on Lakota Sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 03:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch adjusting on Lakota Sport

Anyone done this with some tops?

Old 10-14-2002, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

it's simple shockwave.

By your right ankle, remove the plastic piece (the one with 3 screws in it). You'll see a slotted bolt with a lock nut. Loosen lock nut BUT hold it with the wrench there. Take a screw driver and screw the slotted bolt in (clockwise) untill it stops. Then screw it out (ccw) untill you just feel the slightest resistence, stop. Tighten lock nut and your done.

Now thats a easy clutch adjustment.

Old 10-14-2002, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Gaff,
HOW THE HE!! ARE YA???? I'm good. No job, yet. Glad to be out of the apt.! Not much riding. Kinda keeping that at a min. 'till I can get insured again. Not worth taking the chance at the Badlands. It would be my luck. Still racing? Baby will here soon, right? Got a name picked out?

BTW- When you adjust your clutch do you oil seep out from around the screw? I do! hmmm...

Old 10-15-2002, 08:51 AM
Pro Rider

Stebob,

Out of work OH MAN! I totally forgot you were still going to loose your job. When did it happen? Did they give you a severence or possibly payed your bonus? Shoot I hope something happens soon so you all can still have a nice Christmas. Unemployement covering the bills?

I 100% agree with you about staying off the quad till insurance kicks in. Did they offer Cobra? Or did they offer Cobra with a unrealistic monthly payment?

Wow that was alot of questions.

The baby is due December 20th. We are all getting pretty excited. I've been having a blast buying all the new cool things they have for infants now. Although the wife keeps catching me and the boy trying to get a PW 50, lol. After 11 years and no babies we have absolutly nothing left from all are other kids, so we have to buy every thing. Wich is pretty cool, been alot of fun. We are going to name him Sean (Thats the Irish spelling of Shawn, For those who thinks that seen)

Are racing has been less than limited. About mid august we shut her down as all the kids went back to school. And with cheerleading, football, vollyball and band things were a little fast for us on the first month of school. When we went to jump back in the saddle again the weather had been real fowl. Every race we entered got cancelled, we practiced some thow. Then by the time october came around the ground had been so soft from unrealistic amounts of rain, you just couldn't do nothing. Now for the past couple weeks we got hit by Tropical storm Isador and the next week Hurricane Lili.

We did take this time and did some finer tuning on the machines. Mostly to my sons bike. We wanted to do a graphics kit for him and paint his frame, but his up and coming new brother got the money instead of him. I had a heat issue with the lakota so I took that back down to see what was up. I had put lock tite on my head bolts so I never got a true tourque nor got a correct re-tourque of the head, blowing my head gasket again. Not realy sure what I was thinking at the time. I usually have alot of nieghbor kids and curious dads around in the evening, so when they ask alot of questions and I run off at the mouth I some times do hair brain things. But I have the kota up to 200 pounds compression now, tons of low end.

We are running a arena cross this saterday the 19th. Have to let you know how that turns out. It will be tight and technical so I believe I have something for them. But we will see, thier is a few guys with some real strong big bores going to be there. I still think I have something for them thow. Try to post some pictures next week.

But other than that same ole same ole.

Old 10-15-2002, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

Oh sorry, see how I can just ramble, lol

No the screw doesn't leek. It's probably just a bad seal, easy fix. But you shouldn't be holding oil that high.

Take that side cover off. Real easy remove the foot peg and take out the million bolts, you can re-use that case gasket so don't worry about cost. Where your site glass is, but inside of the engine there is a return screen for the oil. It's probably got a bunch of crap in it holding the oil in there while your shut down. At the same time you'll see where that little seal is, if it's not a problem with you don't worry about it thow.

One other thing we will be doing is putting the lakota on alcahol for my sons science project. We are doing that after this week ends race. Have a stock carb already converted to do a couple test. Very unlikely I will keep it that way but will keep the carb incase I want to play with it.

Also have a Mojave carb to try out and see how that goes. I never bought a cam yet, have to many other deals going on.

Have one deal with some swopping of pieces and parts I'm going to get some DG nerfs for the lakota. Has red webbing but we are going to dye them black. I have a blue and black sceem going on the lakota, looks realy cool.

I need some rims soon. I got an a accident. Cr250 flew off a berm and jumped track during practice and I was nailing a triple in the air about 40 mph, nailed him dead on. Realy no damage to the quad but bent a rim in a wierd way. Bent it back and it's holding air but not sure for how long.

Old 10-15-2002, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

I lost my job as of 6/28/02. Yeah, I got a severance and bonus, along with all my vacation being paid out. I'm on unempl. now. It's paying the bills, luckily. My house payment is actually less than what I was paying in rent, so that worked out ok. I know Christmas will be ok since the most important thing is really everyong is in good health. The boy will have a good Christman, for myself I don't need anything. It'll work out, I'm sure.

They did off Cobra at an incredible monthly paymnt. $495/month. Couldn't do it, just couldn't. I'd be driving a brand new V10 Dodge Ram 4x4 if I could swing something like that. I couldn't believe it.

I would love to ride your Lakota. I bet I would be real surprised with it. Good luck with your racing. Be safe. Yeah, I remember that screen. I haven't pulled the clutch cover off in quite sometime, so I can see that that could be the prob. I'm really wanting a White Z400. However, that is going to have to wait awhile.

Keep in touch! Good to hear from ya!

Old 10-15-2002, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

Yah I have seen that so many times with that cobra payment, just to unreal.

I would like to get one of the KFX's myself, but my wife shut me down with all my wants. She set reallity in and said after the babies born and everything settles down She will let me know. Which is a good timing thing too because I get both my bonus and income tax at that time. But you know women they have plans for that probably, lol.

I was looking at my quad the other day, it's still in mint condition. I do realy like it. The only reason I want a different one in the future would be for the wieght reduction. The lakota realy wares this old man down. I play alot of strategy where conserving energy is a large factor while racing now.

But to be honest the lakota isn't realy handy capped while racing as most think. Having a super machine and knowing how to ride it is two different things. I have found (wich I knew already) that just a machine doesn't make you compettitive.

I also found on the quads so many poeple spend to much time modding them that they have no seat time when it comes to the racing part. So it is not as hard to race these guys as poeple on the forums would suggest.

I have a couple things to do and then I'll dig up your Number and give you a call.

Old 10-15-2002, 01:09 PM
Range Rover

I tried it by the book (like the way you describe) one time and it didnt go too well. I ended up with it at the dealer. I didnt know if there was a seat of the pants method . thanks guys!