Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What I learned about Prarie 650s today....

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 03:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What I learned about Prarie 650s today....

My brother has my Praries in his garage right now. I told him he could keep them and use them at his liesure for a while, all I asked in return is he do the servicing on them that they're due for. He sends me this email tonight, lmao:

Well, I just took a bit of time and started the service on the quads. Work has been murder lately and I want to get the service done so when I do have some spare time I can go play with your bikes (what ya doing the weekend after Thanksgiving?). I just did engine oil tonight. I'll start diffs tomorrow night. Here is what I learned today... might help you in the future.

If your going to grab full throttle from a dead stop on asphault with low tires you had better be prepared for what is going to happen. Nothing major but it does give an odd sensation when you have gone about 30' and you feel the front end set down .

Prarie 650 and Vulcan 1500 Classic use the exact same oil filter... let me know if you want to go in on a dozen.

Big mother f'ing silver back gorillias work at Kawi putting oil filters on. Thing was so damn tight I had to pound a screwdriver through it to get it removed.

Skid plates are a grand idea until you actualy need to work on something

That synthetic oil crap stuff pours about the speed of oatmeal when pouring it through a funnel.

The book says 1.75qt for a filter change and it is actually about 2.1qt. - (can anyone confirm this??)

Oil looked pretty and brand new (the old oil that is....of course the oil coming out of the new bottles looked brand new...sheesh)

Dog enjoys licking your face when your on the ground until he hits a spot of 20w/50...then he stops and leaves to get a drink.

I really need a drop hitch for my truck. Had to do the jack and wood block shuffle to get the trailer hooked and unhooked.

Burgers always taste better when there is a little motor oil on your hands.

I'll give you another update as I make more progress.

Adios,

Rich

Old 11-13-2002, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider

Dear lord I almost fell out of my chair I laughed so hard while reading that.

I think he has a point about the filters too, however I thought it was retired NFL linemen.

Old 11-13-2002, 07:40 AM
Pro Rider

Funny stuff, there!
I use a (larger) Purolater(Pure-1) o/filter on mine. The application is: Mazda 1.8(piston engine) and most RX-7's. Don't have the # right now. It has the "anti-drain back" valve, and appears to be very well(heavily) made. It will add about .25 ltr. to your oil change amount. Mine takes 2.25 US quarts to fill with this filter. I use Castrol Syntec, full synthetic. 10W30-Winter/20W50-summer.

Old 11-13-2002, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

Bigtree
Its good to see a thread that we can get a laugh out of, thanks
lmfao
Raymond