Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki Chat Room Guest Tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki Chat Room Guest Tonight!

This evening (Tuesday) at 8:00 PM Central Time Kawasaki will be joining us in our chat room as a special guest. This is your chance to ask Kawasaki whatever questions are on your mind!

There are two ways to chat. One is via the web page at https://atvconnection.com/Community/Chat/atvchat.cfm

Another way to chat is to download and install the ATV Connection MIRC Chat program. You can download the software from http://forums.atvconnection.com/dwn/atvchat.exe

If you're on AOL and haven't been able to chat in the past, tonight you will be able too. Please join us!

Old 12-10-2002, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

I had a tough time getting in to the chat room with either of the browsers I have (mozilla and konqueror). I can't use IE here. The java applet let me in but I could not change my name.

I tried using an IRC program and I get in fine.

Old 12-10-2002, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

The applet does work best with Internet Explorer. With Netscape its use as your own risk. The IRC Chat program is by far the best and works for everyone who isn't using a MAC computer.

Old 12-10-2002, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

I'm using Redhat Linux, it came with a program called "xchat" (x refers to name of the graphical user interface software that runs on linux, it isn't anything bad). It has been working nice so far. I see people join and quit, some say stupid stuff and get kicked.

Sometimes I feel I am swimming upstream with Linux, since a majority of the software I usually use only runs in windows. I have a PHD in Windows and wanted to get some Linux expertise since I am starting to see it a lot here and there. It is harder to do many things that windows does eaasily, other things. But, at least it is free.

Old 12-10-2002, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

I here you! I was a mainframe Systems Programmer for 20 years. Used to write a lot of Assembler and would go right into the operating system and modify it!

I like a graphical operating system these days. Linux is too much like mainframes and way too picky!