Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Black Spring and Belt Direction

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 12:56 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Spring and Belt Direction

Hey man sorry for those confusing instructions i gave ya, i was in a hurry i can give u alittle bit better ones now. Ok for the back i used two peices of iron, they are both 2inch by 4 inch peices. One for both sides. You got to drill too holes the exact same size as that bolt used in the rear end and then you have to buy one of your own bolts because now you will have one bolt going through the brackets into the shock and one goign through the brackets and through the rear end. YOu can drill these holes as far apart as you want but dont go to high or you may cause problems with the cv joint.THese peices fit on the out side of the old bracket for the shock on the rear end. Since its like this you will have to put spacers on both sides of the shock hole. That way it doesent slid aroudn on the top bolt. Now i cant member how wide that peice was forsure, but it might be less then 2 inches. If its to wide then it will hit the spring on the rear shock.I rounded the corners off on my brackets to make them look nice and i spray paited them black. And where the shock used to fit into the rearend i put a spacer in there so when you tighten the bolt up it wont breack that aluminum. These brackets do not have to be welded together or anything they just hold the shock up perfect. To be hosest with ya i dont even know how it holds the shock up there with out the shock movin from front to back but it works awesome. Its even stronger then the high lifter one. I have jumped my 650 with this on and it holds up well. One you figure out what i jsut told you reply to me and i will tell you the how i did the front. Later all