Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

ATR VS Bighorns

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 08:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATR VS Bighorns

What K.O.D. said. Though, I WOULD like to try some of the Big Horn tires. Guess I'll have to buy that camo P-700 I've been drooling over, so I'll have a "test bed"!!!!!!
NYROC----just go get the ATRs and enjoy the ride.

Old 09-29-2003, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATR VS Bighorns

Sometimes sitting on the fence has some advantages... I just got a set of Schredders for the rear of my 650... they get so much traction, that I litterally have a harder time turning ( with the posi rear axel ), if they made these tires in a 25", they would be great for drag racing... they should work good for pulls...

DIRTYWHITEBOY, has a new set of radial Big Horns... he should be able to offer some insite on those soon...

a lot of the local hare scramble racers have gone away from the ATR's, because there is a fine line between too much air ( high speed wobble ) & not enough air ( falling off the bead in extreme cornering situations ) I haven't had that problem with the fronts yet ( I don't have the rears ), but in looking at the tires, the tread pattern is more open, but similar to the Schredders, & only 1" narrower ... they may be just the rear tire I'm looking for, as like I said, I may be getting too much traction with the Schredders...

2 weeks ago, I spoke with a Customer Account Rep. for Goodyear / Dunlop tires America... The new Goodyear Rawhide Radial, contains most of the features I'm looking for, including a 26" tire... unfortunatey, Artic Cat is working on an exclusive deal with Goodyear on these tires??? I'm to be contacted as soon as they can let me know more, as they have a confidentiality agreement during negotiations... all I could get out of them at this time is that they are based on the MTR light truck radial, they are available in 26" size, & they are made in Canada, at Dunlops new radial tire plant ( currently making new 20" radial tires for the rears on the YFZ 450 )

the wieght of the radial Big Horns & the radial Outlaws, are more than I'm looking for in a tire right now... I was promised the specifications on the Goodyear radial, asap... perhaps anyone that has recieved a new 650 AC could fill us in on the tires...WAM

Old 09-29-2003, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATR VS Bighorns

I hear lots of good things about the rawhide grips. I was thinking about that tire too.

Even if artic cat gets an exclusive deal, they have to be avaiable through an AC dealer. Surely artic cats get flats too? Maybe the artic cat only lasts as long as a set of tires? Joking.

Old 09-29-2003, 05:22 PM
Guz
Trailblazer
Default ATR VS Bighorns

DirtyWhiteBoy:

Any feed back yet on the radial Bighorns?
FYI- I called Big Buck ATV Supplies today for pricing and they said they can't get the bias ply BH- she tought maxxis might be discontinuing that tire with the development of the radials. I still need to call maxxis to confirm. They are out of stock of the fronts for the ATR's.