Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

New Mini Hummer ATV

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mini Hummer ATV

Good day, I just purchased a new Mini Hummer ATV last week. I put it together and had problems starting it. I jumpered the battery that came with the ATV with a car battery and the ATV started. It would not idle at first, so I adjusted the carb and it ran great. The atv battery did not charge when the girls were riding the atv, so I used to jumper with the car battery each time to start it. I got a battery charger, charged the ATV battery and everything was working great. When my daughter took the atv for a ride yesterday it took about 4 attempts to get it started and away she went. She gave the atv a bit too much throttle at first and stalled the engine. When I tried to start the bike again it would not go, so I tried jumpering with the car battery and it still did not go. When the brake is depressed the rear lights come on. When the starter button is engaged I can hear the relay clicking. I was wondering if anyone could provide a next step that I can do to help rectify this problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I have two very dissapointed little girls. Thanks in advance.

Ed

Old 09-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I replied to your other post already here:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/kids...lutions-2.html

I probably should have replied here instead of there since the subject line is more to the point, but I didn't see this one until too late.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good afternoon Lynn,

First of all thank you for your prompt reply and excellent assistance. I am happy to say the bike is up and running thanks to you! Your a genius!! I followed your instructions and had it running in no time. Once I connected the battery directly to the starter motor (i.e. jumpered it), the engine turned over. This told me that the starter was OK. Then I tested the solenoid, I was getting nothing on the output of the solenoid. So I then decided it must be the solenoid, I when to an automotive store and got a 3 pole 12 volt angled pole solenoid battery isolator, installed it and to my amazment it worked!!!! Running like a top now. I am actually starting the bike with the orginal battery that came with the bike (I charged it and it is working fine). Thank you once again for your help. The girls are (And so am I) so excited to have it up and running!!!

Wish you the very best Ed, Jennifer and Abby

Old 09-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ed,

I'm very glad you got it running.