Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

might buy a kasea skyhawk 250 does anybody have any info

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default might buy a kasea skyhawk 250 does anybody have any info

Might be a little late with this info but thought it might be of some use. I live in the UK, very limited as to the range of quads on the market, i have a Ram 250 which is road legal and the same model as the Kasea 250.

First of all, there is a difficulty in getting tune up parts, but that might just be a problem for us in the UK. My mate has the same bike and he has just fitted a Dep pipe, specifically made for this model. Sounded great before, sounds much better with the pipe.

We mainly use it for trails (and on road, where it'll do 55-60mph) It is a suprisingly tough bike. We've been out with guys on Blasters and while they feel quicker, probably due to the weight advantage, the 250 keeps up. On the trails, even with road tyres (again we struggle to get wheels and mud tyres) it's suprising where it will go. Both bikes have had lots of heavy use and so far, the only damage has been two number plates and a rear light. Suspension gives plenty of travel and a good ride. Sure the engine needs revving to deliver the power sometimes but for the trails it's a good budget priced bike.

At the current rate we pay the equivalent of $4600 for the same bike, it has lights, speedo, indicator for on road use but at the current list price for you guys it's a bit of a bargain, you don't realise how well off you are ! Don't forget we pay over $5 for a gallon of fuel, and we get crap weather too !!!

Old 04-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey I'm new here thought I would tell you about what I know about the Kasea Skyhawk 250. I do not own one but my nefew owns one and I ride with him all the time. That 250 has alot of problems. The front shocks are really bad (The back shock is ok). The tie rods are really bad. He was driving it one day and the ball came out of the tie rod and made him almost reck. You will always find yourself adjusting the chain on it if you do any kind of jumps. A 300ex will smoke it in a drag race or any other kind of race period. You have to give it alot of gas and drop the clutch just to get it to pop a wheelie. On the good side the company that makes it (or I guess it may have been a dealer) are really nice and helped my nefew get a new Aarm to replace the one he broke (the tie rod and A arm are one piece on his 250). They are going to make sure he gets it before this weekend so we can go on our camping trip. Oh yeah I forgot his solenoid switch went out on it too. My nefews has had alot of problems out of an ATV that is only 3 months old. He does ride it as hard as I ride 400ex. I would really recommend you getting a honda 300ex or 400ex. You will save money in the long run if you buy a honda trust me.

Old 04-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well my nefew broke the other Aarm when we went on our camping trip on his Kasea Skyhawk. Now they are going to sell it and I don't have anybody to ride with for awhile.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by prairievenom
have you ever ridden the 250 or you just talking about the 170 cuase one thing that is a fact is that the 250 has a better power to weight ratio than a 300ex. does the 170 land hard after jumping. I know that the 170 only wieghs 320# and thats on par with the blaster and the blaster is a great jumper. And the frame is the same as a blaster so ther are a tun of mods for it . But the bad tthing is that their arent any motor mods like high comp piston, vavles, camshaft,. BUT ther is a big bore kit(300CC). Have you had any problems with the 170 other than weak a-arms, clutch cable,brakes and front shocks.All are easilly fixed. I was planing on getting front shock and aftermaket a-arms. I hear from some people that the clutch springs are to soft replace them with stiffer springs that might solve your problem. Again if you have ridden the 250 can you tell me how it is.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]thanx
I have a question????? I have a single piston 2003 trailblazer kasea 250? Is the #sh170 a 250cc or a 170 cc its only got one piston.I'm not sure if the #sh170 model is a 250cc or 170cc . I talked go someone and they said the sh170 model has a bigger bore than the other models plz let me l now what you know thanks!!!!!

Old 10-19-2016, 01:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone know what should be used in the crank and clutch case?