Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Purchasing Eton 90cc Viper..Need opinions and advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchasing Eton 90cc Viper..Need opinions and advice

I have decided to purchase a Eton 90 viper for my 10 yr old daughter. I have looked at several atv...Yamaha Raptor 80,Predator 90 and suzuki Lt.
I feel like the Eton is not a major name brand but seems very well built. The price is right also...At $1900 now for 04 but hoping maybe a little cheaper. Has anyone purchased this ATV and if so how much $$$ and are you happy with your purchase.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 01-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 2001 model for my boy. No troubles other than battery issues, and finicky auto choke.

Just bought a 04 viper ($1795) for the daughter and am well pleased w/ it. It has a manual choke now which is much better. Loads
of power on these little things. My daughters has the screw limiter in a little and pulls me around easily-6ft/180lbs. There is a green wire on the black box (under nose cowl) that can be cut for even morepower.
The Etons are well built machines-awesome suspensions on these little deals.

Old 01-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Range Rover

You'll prolly be hard pressed to find anyone w/ problems on them. They are a great little quad w/ loads of power. Its a very reliable quad. I have a friend that works at Flat-out motorcycles and they have been selling them for a long time, he said they rarely have them ever come in for problems. I dont remember right off hand what I payed for them but Im sure that if ya work on them you can get them down a little farther then that.....or maybe have them through in a helmet and goggles at least [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2004, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

They are a great little bike with lots of neat features.We bought an 04 Viper this spring and have been very happy with it .Lots of trail riding and racing and zero problems with it so far.

Old 01-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

We bought one for our daughter at xmas who is 8. We havn't had any trouble yet. This bike has all the features of a big bike wiyh lots of power. We ride trails that has some steep hills and alot of mud. See hasn't had a bit of trouble with either, we started her on small hills up and down till she felt comfortable on them. We spent alot of time in forums and dabating then went with my gut feeling and who would give the best serv. Best of luck.

Old 02-02-2004, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

just bought my little girl a kasea 90 the motors are the same i just put a 110 big bore stroker kit in it and its a screamer. she should do real good at the track this year.there is alot of mods you can do

Old 02-07-2004, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Ive seen one of the new viper 90's up close, and it looks downright awesome. i noticed its very well built for a mini, and looks pretty tough. i thought about getting one just to play around on lol. as far as ive heard they hold up great, and perform well for what they are....good luck.

Old 02-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Voc
Weekend Warrior

Only had our Eton for a month but what can i say...it's one of the best buys i ever had so far[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2004, 05:20 AM
Pro Rider

I have an 03 Eton 90 Thunder and I am looking for a few options on Aftermarket pipes. Any suggestions?

Old 09-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

I am 5' 9" and weight in at 270lbs. my nephew was looking for a quad so I went to the local atv shop who sells yamaha, polaris, and ETON. I rode the eton viper 90R around their parking lot and it hauled my butt around pretty fast. I was surprised at how quick the little things are. we are stuck between the 90R which is $2100 and the polaris predator 90 which also for 2005 has reverse. it rings in at $2200 which is slightly higher but I feel it would be easier dealing with polaris for parts and repairs than to deal with eton. both quads are nice and if you don't need reverse the regular eton 90 is the way to go for the cheaper price.

Quick Reply: Purchasing Eton 90cc Viper..Need opinions and advice