Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Need Help with Dinli Beast

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 12:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Dinli Beast

Hello All, I'm looking for some help to get my nephews Dinli running right again. He was out running around in the field when it just quit. We went out there with some fresh gas to fill it back up, (he usually runs it til its out) and get it him going again. This time no luck, It seems to start and idle fine but when you give it gas it dies. Also tried it again later after it cooled off. It started fine agian but this time you could putt around on it just not give it a lot of throttle, but after it warmed up the same old thing, couldn't give it gas or it died? I checked the plug, it was wet, but looked ok. Also put a new fuel filter on it, no luck. What should we look at next?
Thanks,

Old 04-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like you sucked some dirt up in the carb. Totally clean out the carb, take all the jets out and make sure there open. It doesn't take much to block a jet . This has happened to me before. It wouldn't hurt to take tha tank off and clean it out.I'm very careful with the gas I put in my bikes and quads. Here is what I do. When I fill up my quads and bikes I fill up a clear glass jug with the gas and look at it very good, before I put it in the machine. It only takes a very very small piece of dirt to cause a huge problem. And believe me it will happen in a race! I even drain my tank often.

#838- 01 Polini x3 works- Michaels
#838-01 Husqvarna cr 50 Jr-Michaels
#838-04 Arctic Cat 50-Michaels - big gun exhust, Malossi clutch kit, Malossi reed block and reeds, Malossi cdi,twin air filter pod, 19/35 Rebel gears, Acerbis hand guards,Pro Design kill switch, Dougles Alum wheels, holeshot tires, removal of oil injecter system,rejetted.
03 Suzuki lt-80 Michaels
04 Suzuki DRZ- 125L - mine
02 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 -mine

"Keep it pinned to win"
"Don't ride faster than your Angel can fly"

Old 04-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Bluetick, I was thinking it might be carb/jet related. I'll go through it and clean it up... We did check the air cleaner to make sure it wasn't plugged. Any other thoughts? has this happened to any other dinli's?
Thanks,

Old 04-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I agree w/bluetick. I think a jet is plugged.

Old 04-15-2004, 12:59 PM
geo
Trailblazer

if it idles but won't run when you pin it (full throttle), then it's related to the 'main' circuit. the only place you're likely to have a problem on the main circuit is in the jet itself, which will be the primary restriction. blow it out and make sure you can see light thru it. not very likely though that this is your issue (this passage is pretty big compared to the other circuits).

if it bogs out, if may be that the machine has suddenly developed an appetite for a richer mixture, or something is keeping fuel from entering the float bowl- make sure the vent is clear, the fuel line is not pinched, the vacuum signal to the petcock is good (if you have this type), and that the float is working/adjusted properly.

you can install a clear fuel line to the float bowl drain and zip tie vertically along the carb so that the end is easily a few inches higher than the carb itself. open the drain screw and keep an eye on the fuel level observed in the clear line. it should stay just below the parting line between the bowl and carb. if not, see above checks.

Old 04-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

From what I've read, I'll definately be going thru the carb. I posted this over tin the "ATV Drivetrain" forum also, got an interesting response, they thought it could also be a plugged exhuast pipe, by carbon or ?, after I read the idea, I remember a buddy of mine's snowmobile acting very similar at the beginning of the season, turned out a "rodent" had built a nest in his exhuast pipe, slightly plugging it. removed the nest, and it ran fine. I'll be checking that also...

Thanks,

Old 04-18-2004, 10:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a dinli, and I have the same problem. I started running a high octane fuel and it seems to solve the problem.