Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Where in NYS can kids Race Quads????

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where in NYS can kids Race Quads????

I was just wondering, and VERY JEALOUS of all you parents out there who are able to have
your kids out on the track havin a BLAST!!!! The one thing thats got me in a knot is around here
they allow the" BIG BOYS" out racing quads but not the" LITTLE GUYS & GALS" ! But yet the "little people" are racing the bikes, I'm trying to make sense of that myself!! I think I'd be into it more
than my kids {and their really anxious to get into this!} I"d love to see the mx quad kids
ridin in poetry around here but there seems to be a "NO INTEREST" kind of attitude.So if the
"RIGHT PEOPLE" could get the ball rolling in my area that would be FANTASTIC!!!!! Incase it matters
I live by Albany NY. I think it's time my area has what you people have in your area's. So if anyone with sanctioning, or sponsering, or commity pull ... PLEASE HELP THIS CAUSE!!!!! THANK YOU !

Old 06-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Range Rover

What you need ot do is contact a local track and ask them how many that you would need to have show up for them to run a race. Then round up as many racers as you can get and invade the track. The tracks around here take in $50+ (Gate fees and race fees) from my family alone each time we show up for a race. If you had 6 racers show up, I'd bet they'd find time to run a few motos for you.

We now get about 15 to 20 racers per race at each GMQA event. The popularity is growing, and the tracks are starting to realize the $$$ that we're binging them.

Bryce

Old 06-30-2004, 10:11 PM
Range Rover

It's a shame there isn't a mini series in your area. I would do what scramblur 50 said to do,talk to the track owner. The main reason they don't have mini quads is because of the insurance prices. They are out of this world. But this I don't understand. Why do they over charge for the mini quads. They can let the kids race bikes. Well Michael rides a Polini x3 works,that will run 50 mph. But they won't let them run quads that will run half the speed. Were lucky here in WV. The series my son races in has quads and bikes.They have around 100 youth riders each weekend.If you think about it most people who race have little ones,and they would also race to. They could bring in twice the money if they had mini quads also. Scramblur said it right I spend alot each weekend. And once the peolpe see the little ones having fun they all want to join in so there little ones can have fun also.So do some talking once you can get it started it will take off like the snowball effect.

_______________________-

#838-01 Polini x3 works-Michaels
#838-01Husqvarna cr 50 jr-Michaels
#838-04 Arctic Cat 50-Michaels-Malossi cdi,Malossi clutch kit,Malossi reeds and block, ProDesign tether.Acerbis handguards,Rebel Gears,Douglas alum wheels and Snow Hog tires,Twin Air filter,moded air box and rejeted, removal of oil injector.
04-Suzuki DRZ 125L-Justins
02 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4-mine

"Gotta pin it to win it"
"Don't ride faster than your Angel can fly"

The money I spent on his quad and bikes seems like a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ bucks.
The money I spend on race fees seems like a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ bucks.
The smile on his face after he just smoked the whole field[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]RICELESS

Old 06-30-2004, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Thats it ...... I'M MOVIN TO WEST VIRGINIA!!!!!! LOL!!
So are you saying that it costs more on insurance for the quads than it does for the bikes?
Why??? Either way you look at it your bound to get hurt whether your on a bike or a quad.
{if thats what your talkin about}
I'm sure it would take off like a snowball effect, if the parents and kids see that "hey you can race
a quad instead of a dirtbike", instead of having no option at all, I'm sure there would be more kids
diggin the quads than the bikes because it would be a "new" excitment other than riding your quad on the trails or in your backyard. You could FINALLY bring it to the track and compete,
as well as have a BLAST!!!!
About how long have you Southerners been in the kid quad racin????
Reason I'm askin cause things usually slowly travel from the south to the north in terms of
whats new{of course not new to you but to us} and hot in the racing sport.
[I should also mention it comes from the west too].
By the way how about you people out in the west...how long you been in the kids quad racin action??

Old 07-01-2004, 12:21 AM
Range Rover

The man who runs our series says he pays alot more because of the little quads. They just started the mini quads last year. This is our 2nd yr, so the mini quads are really just starting to really roll. there is useally 6 to 9 mini 50 cc quads in each race.Our series is www.Koontzadventures.com. They are covered by exriders.com.Michael is rider #838.

Old 07-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Range Rover

As far as I know, we pay the same as the other kids on dirtbikes and the same as the non-money class adult ATV and Dirt Bikes.

We started the GMQA racing last year in October.

Bryce

Old 07-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

Question.... Do they {the track officials} make the quads run the very first races of the day
to get them out of the way so the dirtbikes can run the rest of the day? I was just wondering if thats a general practice, I complained of that to the officials about our area track and they said they do it so the dirtbikes aren't dealing with an ungrooved track, but I happened to be talking to a couple of dirtbike riders one time and they said they can't stand when they groom the track
and prefered to have it the way the quads leave the track. The way it operates here is the quads run{adults} at 9am then they don't even get out on the track again til 5pm or so, thats along
time to be waiting to race your machine, and I can't help but wonder if it's a predjudice among the
officials against the quads.Theres about 50-60 machines to show up for a good time,but they
end up spending the whole day just sittin around til supper time to get on the track.
So how does your track treat your quad riders??? I hope this is just a insulated incident
and they don't get treated like this all over nation wide!!

Old 07-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Range Rover

you're right.. the tracks are not very quad-friendly sometimes... but we've seen them getting better about it. We've been run first, last and all motos in between. I often see teh big quads run first, but our little ones get stuck twords the end. We run at night down here, due to the heat of the day (Georgia), and we've been really riding them to get our little ones earlier in the schedule... it's pretty hard to get a 6 year old up at 12:15 AM to run their last moto... I've had better luck with getting her to nap between practice and her first moto, and then keep her active until after the 2nd moto.

The thing is, money talks! the more quads that you have show up, the better they'll start treating you.

Bryce

Old 07-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know if I understood you right did you mean 12 mid night?? Or 12 morning??LOL!!!
Are you serious .. you folks run that late or that early in the AM??? They make the little people wait that long to run?? That ain't right !! What time do you all start the evening about 7pm or so?
I understand the heat, I lived in FL. for about a year 1/2 and it does scorch the skin!!
I would think that runing that time span would be kinda refreshing as well{as long as your getting
your equal time on the track}, what nights do you run? Fri, or Sat.? Maybe the {and not just down
there but up here as well} commities should think about using the extra land on the premises
to run the quads on their own track, I know around here the tracks have like an extra 50 acres
or more of grown in fields, that might be a solution to the ongoing problem with dividing the times
up fairly.To me theres just gotta be a solution to the problem, not just for it to be ignored by the commitee and for them to pretend that "everyones happy and a forget about it attitude".
It just doesn't fly with me, and I'm not even involved in the racing yet,{but LOVE the sport a
great deal} but for the ones who are involved how can that be taken sitting down knowing
that your like some kind of "bench warmer"just because you want to get out and race your quad?
That's like some kind of a punishment to you {us}for choosing this sport compared to the dirtbikes.

Old 07-01-2004, 10:42 PM
Range Rover

That's 12:15 AM as in 0:15 hours... way past bed time. We sign up at 5 PM, Practice at 6 Pm and start racing after that at about 7 PM. There's usually about 20-25 classes (40 to 50 motos) on these nights. Last time the mini-atvs ran 12th, but we were tripple gated with 2 classes of 50cc dirtbikes. I don't like the multiple gates on the track at the same time.. we were out there with the 50cc shaft bikes, and I'm scared that one of our hopped up quads are going to accidently use one of them for traction. Our race nights are normally Saturdays, but some tracks are running a Friday night series around here too.

Bryce