Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Carter Talon GX Woes

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 10:08 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carter Talon GX Woes

I think the limiting factor is how much water you want to get in the transmission, I am not crazy about getting my butt wet either. If you look at the front of the buggy, when it gets just below the headlights, that is about as deep as I took it. My boy sits on a booster, so he doesn't get wet but I sure do. Too cold to go creek riding anymore! After putting the pipe/jet kit/air filter on my cart, it climbs much better. There are steep hills that it just spins the tire on or if it is really good traction the cart just refuses to climb. These are very steep hills though, not the kind you generally come across trail riding.

Old 11-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Kell, I rode the new cart on Saturday for about 3 hours and no problems what so ever, so I am convinced that I just bought a lemon with the first one, I would recommend that anyone looking at the Carter Talons to go for it, as there customer service is excellent, they will get involved if they believe there customer is getting jerked around.

Chris

Old 12-16-2004, 11:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Kell,Where do you get the pipe/jet kit /air filter?How much?Is there a big difference on performance? SGB

Old 12-16-2004, 12:54 PM
Range Rover

Have you read the twister hammerhead forum?
there is a lot of info on stuff there,
I copied this so I won't have to write it:

[quote]
Originally posted by: Kell

http://www.eastsidems.com

goto shop online and click the eastside parts catalog, then click on 150cc cart performance. You will need the kit, not just the pipe.q]

Originally posted by: Kell
Joe, like I stated before, I am very satisfied with the pipe from eastside. It is very mellow, I don't think it is loud enough to annoy my neighbors too much. I would definetly purchase it again, it gave me more power to climb hills and came with a much better air filter. I have no experience with the toy junkies pipe but judging from the pictures, it looks like mine has much more packing and also a much larger inside diameter. The pipe is much larger than stock at the head and steps up 3 times before going into the exhaust. The exhaust says something about xr's on it so it may be for an xr. Anyway, I think it has removeable packing, has bolts at both the front and rear of canister. Also has a nice chrome look finish too it they called Jet finish? (canister is bare aluminum)

You don't have to worry about putting ear plugs in your kid if that is what you are worried about. If you look at my pictures, I have one of the pipe where you can see the larger diameter of it. good luck.

Old 01-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

Just thought I would update this thread a little, I hadn't really had a chance to ride the kart very much, except around the yard, this weekend we decieded to take the kart down to an offroad park in Jacksonville, TX that we had been to before with some friends, all I can say is that this kart really amazed me. It was flying around the park and doing everything it was asked to do, we would climb some pretty steep hills and it would just dig in a keep going, I am really impressed. My two sons loved it, especially when we took it into some small mud bogs. Now the only problem I have is getting the mud out of the seats and carpets of my truck. Thanks for all the help.

Chris