Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

"Owners" of Kazuma (or Redcat) KMZ-150

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 10:38 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Owners" of Kazuma (or Redcat) KMZ-150

Anyone? can you compare the above?

Old 01-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a FX-150 Red Cat / Kazuma. This is the sporty version of the same quad. Very Similar to the KMZ-150. I have been very happy with it. I keep reading people on this site slam the Kazuma, Yamato, and red cat. However, I have been very impressed with the quality, and the ride. I grew up riding a Honda 125 and later a 250 these were 1980 something modles. I would say that the performance and quality of the Kazuma is equal to these quads. I rode all of them fairly hard, but not abusive.

I first saw these machines at a local dealer. I did some research, shopped at www.Racewayatv.com (they are one of the sponsors here) I baught from my local dealer. Raceway was actually about 100 dollars cheaper than the local guy, but he put it together and set the carbs and everything for me. Also the machine was right there (instant gratification)

The quad. Overall it rides and drives like a dream. The suspension is a little tight/cheap and the adjustment is tight. If you buy one, replace the stock spark plug with a NGK. The stock plug is junk and will start fouling after about 4-5 hrs of play. Look over the owner's manual, it is very helpful. I found reverse a little tight, but if you rock the handlebar back and forth a few times it will slide right into reverse (don't ask why, I swear to you it works). Make sure you turn the gas off when not in use.

I'm 6 feet tall and weigh about 250lbs. This poor little machine hauls me around just fine. I would say I'm not topping the 45mph speed claim from the factory... I would say the max speed I've gotten may be 40mph. I didn't buy it for speed. I hammered it through several construction fields. Watch the chain ( a chain gaurd would be nice ). They put a good chain on that thing. It is very light and will sail over a lot of mud and junk. It never really seemes underpowered, even with me on it. I would definatly buy another one. Now that I know how easy they are to work on, I would most likely order one from raceway (they have the best prices). Overall I would highly reccomend Kazuma

Later,
Ken

Old 01-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

Ken,
I am happy to hear you like the Kazuma KMZ 150! It's funny you post about rocking the unit back and forth to get it into reverse. I myself have not seen that issue yet, but I have had others tell me the same thing! And yes the spark plugs are junk !! Well, enjoy and if you need anything let us know.
All The Best.
www.racewayatv.com

Old 01-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my 12 year old a RedCat FX-150 for Christmas. I also have a KMZ-150. The FX-150 is so fast is it almost scarey, but my son is more responsible than me when it comes to riding. The KMZ-150 seems to have less power because of the larger tires. But the KMZ-150 carries my 200+ lbs behind up some pretty steep hills just fine.

I made the mistake of putting armor all on the FX-150 seat to make it shiney under the Christmas Tree. Santa had to test ride it and nearly slid off the seat when I cornered hard.