Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

"Need some help guys"

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 03:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Need some help guys"

Hey rescue did he get the an lt 250r or lt250 four stroke? Either way it would be a lot for a kid.

Old 01-06-2005, 03:57 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: quadduck
Hey rescue did he get the an lt 250r or lt250 four stroke? Either way it would be a lot for a kid.
He got the Lt 250r. Way more then his kids can handle. I told him, it's not much fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] if he has to spend time at the Emergency Room[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] His attitude is like some, that we read about here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]on the forum.

Old 01-06-2005, 04:02 AM
Pro Rider

To bad you can't site him for stupidity. His kids are lucky you are there to at least try to give them chance on a suitable machine. Man a lt 250r? For a beginner? Is he adopted?

Old 01-06-2005, 04:16 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: quadduck
To bad you can't site him for stupidity. His kids are lucky you are there to at least try to give them chance on a suitable machine. Man a lt 250r? For a beginner? Is he adopted?
You can only wish they would make a section for "Felony Stupidity" I've learned, you can preach all you want, but some people just refuse to listen to reasoning and use of common sense in life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

And, when we were growing up, we always told him, he was adopted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2005, 04:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no offence MD, but sounds like yo momma raised one stupid kid that lived! (but i ain't sayin which one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Old 01-06-2005, 04:20 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
no offence MD, but sounds like yo momma raised one stupid kid that lived! (but i ain't sayin which one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])
LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2005, 04:20 AM
Pro Rider

Felony stupid I love it when that term is used. My little brother is the same way I am just glad that he dosen't have kids yet. He would probably let them smoke a bowl, at least he won't do it around me anymore.

Old 01-06-2005, 04:30 AM
Quad Patrol

Well, looks like the three of us hi-jacked this thread tonight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I hope Donecrashed or anyone else[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] can learn something from our experiences. Well, it's bedtime boys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]need my beauty sleep[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] just hope, I don't need that much[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and wake up in the morning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2005, 04:48 AM
Pro Rider

I should have been to bed my self over four hours ago.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:47 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Confused, you have me beat... you successfully used the words colonoscophy, dad and hockey skates in the same sentence...<smile>

As for size versus age debate. There are going to be exceptions to every rule. No doubt about it. After debating the issue for over a year now on this forum.. I find I have been on both sides of this fight. Right now, I am leaning towards the side that says that maybe there is something in those so called guidelines that makes sense.

My biggest complaint has been and continues to be that there isn't a means built in that allows a child to progress through the the ranks so to speak. In other words, the exceptionally skilled child should have a way to move to the next class if they can demonstrate they have attained a certain skill level...without becoming or being made to feel like a criminal. What sort of message are we sending there....

I do agree that for those starting out in the sport, it does provide a certain frame of reference to measure themselves by, and I now believe that they come pretty close to the mark for the MAJORITY of novice riders.

We have also debated the issue of parental motivation in the past. Certainly, financial concerns play a big part... and I believe that most parents really do want to think that their little mini me's out there are better than the rest, and can "handle it"... only problem is, that is not the case.

But I think that the number one reason we see kids being put on bigger machines than they should be is lack of knowledge by their parents. All the average parent knows is that you can buy one of these things on every street corner.. and every kid has one.. so when their child comes begging with those great big cow eyes, you figure yeah what the heck.. and base your purchase on color rather than the real important things we have been harping about for months.

Our job, is to educate the masses, and be good ambasadors for this sport. We do not need to sugar coat it, but knowledge is power, and can be a great benefit to a parent who is just coming up to speed. remember though, that you are holding someone's life in your hands with your comments and suggestions... that is a great responsibility.. so choose your words wisely.

Let's face it folks, we should be happy just having a normal middle of the road child that learns at their own pace, not one that we would like to impose on them. Most of us will never see a superstar in our bathroom mirrors... so enjoy the the little two legged blessings that you have.