Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Yamoto 110 Carb / Drive Shaft Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 08:37 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Yamoto 110 Carb / Drive Shaft Issues

Originally posted by: Baybum
Yep. Forgot to mention that. My son has worked out a move where he hooks his tow under the shifter, lifts up and back to get enough leverage to make the shift. I guess I take it for granted now. I just traded a ladder for a KX 80 last week and I've been teaching him how to shift using a clutch. He started out trying to shift it like the 110. I quickly broke him of that. Big difference betwen the two.
I was reading the post on the oil leak. Thats one problem I haven't encountered yet.
I am not even familar with the area on the engine, any ideas on what is wrong? It sounds like it is as simple as replacing the bolt but I dont want to mislead any one. Just dont have enough info. I would have traded a ladder for a KX80 too! I can always find room. I am sure that you have read it here but they say the shifting gets easier with time. Hopefully you can now get some time on it

Old 02-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have me curious now. I will dive into it this weekend and let you know. I developed a small leak when I changed the drive shaft. Where I assume the 150 has a sprockett the 110 has a gearbox that connects the engine to the drive shaft. This shaft seal started to leak. I think I may have added to much gear oil and after running it last weekend and getting it nice and hot it started to seep. It stopped after awhile. I need to pull the cover of and check it. As soon as we received the 110 I changed the engine oil and rear differential gear oil because I heard that the oil the chinese used was substandard.
I'm hoping either the shifting gets easier or he gets stronger. Forcasting for a little snow on Sunday hopefully we can play. As for the KX 80 I was mistaken it is actually a KDX 80. Not quite as good as a KX but for a ladder I can't complain.
I will update what I discover this weekend.

Old 02-18-2005, 02:50 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I would switch to a synthetic when broken in, after 10 hrs. The 150 engine looks like it is originally made for a scooter very closely resembles a 80cc honda scooter I got a hold of for free after it was run over by a semi. It was not pretty or repairable. Just scavenged some pieces off of it and threw the rest away.