Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kids on ATV's size wise

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 05:30 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Kids on ATV's size wise

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud

Truly, Id just like to know how much different some of you Icons and Rocks of wisdow were when you were 16.
Heck, some of my best friends grew up to be respectable.
So that is what I get for defending my good buddy DB? What did you do whodat, make a new years resolution not to ruffle any feathers here in 05? LOL. Noticed you said some, what about the rest?

Old 02-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Rest? (takes off hat) They didn't make it maam... Between the war in Vietnam and the drug culture there following, they went either to heaven or hell.
Only God would know which.

Old 02-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: notagain
DG,

I have actaully been researching Satellite phones as most places where we ride do not have cell coverage. I have heard of others using small hand crank ham radios tuned to a local freq before riding. A sat phone is very expensive but it just takes one use in many years and the $600 to $700 is forgotten. Most of us would spend that glady on a new tire and wheel setup but will balk at the sat phone. not me. My son and I have begun making a list of items to put in out emergency kits. His bike does not have a rack to carry stuff so I will probably make a small one. I figure a back pack could throw off balance too much as the weight is higher. But we will each have our own emergency kits.
I might be able to help you out with that Sat phone. Whereas I now sell GlobalStar units at cost PM me if you or anyone else is interested - 100% at cost - Zero markup. I can do credit cards also. Its more of a hobby to help others have a sat phone as they are an invaluable tool when needed. ( I do use one and have credit for saving at least one persons life - along with susbtancialy reducing the effort and pain and suffering to extract a badly injured female from the north woods.)

Hopefully this post wont end up in the ozone bucket as a classified ad or solicitation as I really do sell these things as a service to ATV riders and servicemen at my cost. The monthly service connect fees are GlobalStars and I have no control over those costs.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

Did we lose 'ol lapeer...

Whodat, I did pm you and would love to get more info on what you have. Just seems like a real common sense tool.

Old 02-03-2005, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

How could we loose him if he was already lost? The fact that he stopped replying might be that he realized he was wrong[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Hey raptor I thought we were gonna go down some old roads there for a second[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2005, 08:09 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud
The Rest? (takes off hat) They didn't make it maam... Between the war in Vietnam and the drug culture there following, they went either to heaven or hell.
Only God would know which.
Very Sad.

Old 02-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

God I love this bar.... er.. uh.... forum...

Let's not jump on lapeer... I think that little discussion has run it's course... we were all there once... well not me, I have never been "all there".. but I think you understand what I mean...

Old 02-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

im back now. I needed a break from all the criticism. To answer NOTAGINs question on how do we reach out to the people that need to take a class on ORV safety, is you cant single out the people that are not buying a bring new quad by giving them a 100 dollar incentive to take the class, because there is plenty of new riders that dont want to spend all that money to buy a new quad, so they buy an old one so that they wont care as much if they wreck it. those are the people that you need to be giving the 100 dollars to. odds are that a person with a new quad wont ride as hard or dangerous as a person who has a older quad who wont care as much if they crash there ride. Most people wont start a kid off with a new machine, why? so if that kid wrecks it they wont be in the hole trying to pay off a trashed quad.

Old 02-03-2005, 04:39 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Excellent point lapeerbanshee, welcome back. You now have gotten me thinking about all the chinese quads that are being bought by first timers. What happens to those buyer's, they will only make the problem even worse. Inferior machine in the hands of a inexperienced rder, scary.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Exactly.

Quick Reply: Kids on ATV's size wise