Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kids on ATV's size wise

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kids on ATV's size wise

Hey lap,

Just thought of something. You have been riding a while and you are still alive. You probably see things kids your age are doing that are REALLY stupid. How do we reach out to those idiotic few? I'm sure like the rest of us you have looked back and said "man that was dumb". I'm sure you dont want to see your friends hurt or killed or anybody for that matter so in your opinion how do we teach others to ride properly while still having fun. I'm serious here, you have probably got a ton to offer. Where do we start?

Old 02-02-2005, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

WoW! What is truley amazing is I had nothing to do with the thread going into the dumpster - this time!

The difference may be that we are arguing with a kid about acting like an adult rather than arguing with an adult acting like a child.
The kid has an excuse.....

Being 16 is harder now. The golden rules and quidelines are gone - mist if anything, and there are far fewer good examples to learn from.

We can at least feel some relief as this guy is interested in a great sport and the outdoors and isn't pumping junk into his lungs from a crack pipe. We all hope that is the case.

When I was 16 I knew the girls on my block, had my first inhale expereince and would take my dads airplane up and charge the gas to my mothers Phillips66 card. I skipped enough school to get suspended (oximoron) and my 442 would beat anyones in the student parking lot.

Despite all that - things worked out.

Old 02-02-2005, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

Hey whodat, your right, its not your fault for once[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I have been trying to not go off topic with the the young at mind but when he brought up reading about DB in a newspaper it just sparked a nerve, and I did read between the lines with him a bit.
And Mr. dragginbutt I am amazed that you played along, I mean geeeeeeeze I can do it cause I.... But hey you are a rock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]and always fighting for truth justice and the American way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
One last thing, I have been riding since I was a very young kid and also thought I knew it all. I took yhe course because it was free money and a free pass to ride at the thurston co ORV park(no longer open[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img])when we were done with our course. OLD AND YOUNG DOGS CAN LEARN A NEW TRICK OR TWO![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Now I recomend it to everyone, its worth it.

Old 02-02-2005, 08:39 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally posted by: notagain
Hey lap,

Just thought of something. You have been riding a while and you are still alive. You probably see things kids your age are doing that are REALLY stupid. How do we reach out to those idiotic few? I'm sure like the rest of us you have looked back and said "man that was dumb". I'm sure you dont want to see your friends hurt or killed or anybody for that matter so in your opinion how do we teach others to ride properly while still having fun. I'm serious here, you have probably got a ton to offer. Where do we start?
Excellent Point!! And Question!!

Old 02-02-2005, 08:40 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud
WoW! What is truley amazing is I had nothing to do with the thread going into the dumpster - this time!.
I was amazed by that too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Still love that puppy and a tricycle line though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2005, 08:44 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: quadduck but when he brought up reading about DB in a newspaper it just sparked a nerve.
Only reason I got in this too.

Old 02-02-2005, 01:30 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say we blame whodat anyway! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

For the guy with the 250. It's not so much the displacement as the sheer size and weight of the trailblazer. It's 460lbs!!!!! Compared to a mini at about 230! Most 11 years olds are still relatively small. Couple of mods on the 90 would be good, but consider a smaller/lighter quad when you step up. Like a Blaster for example (320lbs).

Old 02-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Oh come on now 'legs, I was just having a little fun that's all.. No sense opening old wounds.

I can't for the life of me understand what got into me.. I know better than argue with a kid... Kind of like peeing on an electric fence.... you know you shouldn't, but that burning desire to find out kicks in and wham.. and I mean WHAM, you find yourself looking up at the sky and wondering where the past 30 minutes went....

I may be old, crippled, lazy and a host of other things he said... but I am not dead yet..

I guess I should apoligise to him for ridiculing him in front of so many and making him look like a child... but I am not sure he would understand the motive... I would like to leave a bit of wisdom for him though...

When you come into a forum like this, and put your statements out there for everyone to read.. you need to make sure you talk from experience, not bravado. People are going to pick up on that real quick.. and they don't deal with attitudes very well. Respect is something that is earned.. not demanded... and although you may believe you are the best since whoever.. there is always going to be someone that can dust you. Twisting a throttle and flying miles in the air isn't going to impress too many folks. We all had our time in the bucket.. we all have been there and done that.

Tell me about how you and your riding buddies are out on the trails clearing trees, cleaning up trash, grooming trails... working with the local authorities to make the sport better... then you will earn our respect.... Something to think about. and the only way you will leave a lasting mark around here..

Actually I am glad you are looking on lists like this, and willing to pick a fight... because some day you are going to have to deal with these issues and we won't be around to guide you. Then we will see how much wisdom you have acquired... I hope you reconsider the training course offered to you. It is only a day in your life... you never know, you might just be surprised.

Muddy... I appreciate the professional way you handled this whole deal. You do what you can... that is about all anyone can ask...

Old 02-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
I say we blame whodat anyway!
RigginFrikkinRuptureLims always bustin my chops - you varmit.

Truly, Id just like to know how much different some of you Icons and Rocks of wisdom were when you were 16.
Heck, some of my best friends grew up to be respectable.

Old 02-02-2005, 05:18 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud
Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
I say we blame whodat anyway!
RigginFrikkinRuptureLims always bustin my chops - you varmit.

Truly, Id just like to know how much different some of you Icons and Rocks of wisdow were when you were 16.
Heck, some of my best friends grew up to be respectable.

You know I hold ya in the highest regards! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Maybe I'll grow up when I catch my kids acting like me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Kids on ATV's size wise