Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

California Red sticker and Kazuma 150

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Red sticker and Kazuma 150

I have been looking around and see that some of you that own Kazuma and Yamato 150 quads live in California. If I understand it right the bike will be registered a red sticker. I really want to but one of the 150 and possible a 70. Should I worry about it of Just go for it and see what happens. I will ride at the desert, in the sierras, at a state OHV area (hungry valley) and occasionally Pismo. The bikes are for my kids I am having a hard time findng mid size quads that are not out of site prices.

Please help with your input

Old 02-10-2005, 09:00 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I have a green sticker for my wifes quad, I bought it off ebay , picked it up in san leandro from winspeed. Got a certificate of origin, took it and the quad to the dmv and got a green sticker. From what I have learned here I was lucky, but i have also heard that as long as i keep it the green sticker is ok until I sell it. Then it may not be issued another one.

Old 02-11-2005, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

Im curious if you were going to worry about the red sticker or ride anyway. I belong to AAA and can register the new quad there. The girls that work there don't seem to be up on the all the rules, hoping to slip one by them. But Im afraid the computer will pick it up anyway. Don't want to buy a new quad then be limited on when I can ride it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2005, 03:30 AM
Quad Patrol

I posted this in your other thread about red stickers- "They are 4 strokes (the ones I looked at are) So, you should be alright. To make sure, have the dealer or better yet, do it yourself. Check the "VIN" In California, if, the 8th digit is a "3" or "C", then DMV will issue you a red sticker."

AAA should issue you a red sticker, they punch the VIN into a computer, and it tells the lady, what to look for or issue. Just make sure the 8th digit IS NOT a "3" or a "C" and you will be alright.

Old 02-11-2005, 03:32 AM
Quad Patrol

Also, I wouldn't "ride" to see what happens. Fines are pretty high, around $250[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So, not worth it. Purchase a green sticker quad and don't worry about it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2005, 09:25 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: fireride
Im curious if you were going to worry about the red sticker or ride anyway. I belong to AAA and can register the new quad there. The girls that work there don't seem to be up on the all the rules, hoping to slip one by them. But Im afraid the computer will pick it up anyway. Don't want to buy a new quad then be limited on when I can ride it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
I have been issued a green sticker, at parks I go no one questions anything about its green sticker elegability, I did add a aftermarket spark arrester, it did not come with one. No one at the dmv even checked for a spark arrester when I had it there. I knew that it would be checked at the parks. The 8th digit im my vin is a "H". The only thing they questioned on mine was the 2nd digit is a "I". From what I heard no one at the dmv I went to had ever seen a "I" in a vin before. They had to verify that it was a "I" and not a "1" . Then they issued me a green sticker. I would follow RD's advice on this and check out the VIN on what ever you are going to buy. RD is pretty sharp on all this from what I have read here.

Old 02-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Trailblazer

I did some research and found out the only ATV from Raceway that is a green sticker is the Kazuma 110. I went to a local dealer and rode one. Not to bad, it appears to have a Honda style motor. It was a little underpowered and had a strange gear ratio between 2nd and 3rd. I think for $1100 shiped to my door with a some jetting and a K&N it just might work.

Old 02-12-2005, 01:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

For the price you just cant beat it. Even if you have to tweak it here and there. And they really do look cool.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:39 AM
Quad Patrol

MWQ, thanks for the kind words[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I have a little bit of knowledge in the law area[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

fireride, the quads do look pretty cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I check into them also. What I didn't like was the inability to find parts locally. When we ride at Pismo for a week or so[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and something goes wrong, I didn't want to spend all my time looking for parts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I couldn't get anyone to say if Honda, Yamaha, or any other bike part would work on them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And, I just couldn't tell the kids they couldn't ride until parts arrived from back east[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2005, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer

I thought I was going to buy a new bike. The bike I wanted because of its size was the Kazuma 110, but its the Yamoto thats green sticker. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Im thinking about the Kaw. 220 bayou or the honda recon. I should be able to pick up a used on for a decent price.

Quick Reply: California Red sticker and Kazuma 150