Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LT80 / SLUG

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LT80 / SLUG

i'm thinking from what ya said when you removed pipe, that head is plugged full of carbed up junk. i'd say remove head and clean really good... and exhaust port. pay attn or mark the head for the top or bottom, or whatever so that it goes back on the exact right way. and get a new head gasket. also, use good 2-stroke oil, like Amsoil synthetic injector oil. crummy oil does tend to carbon up more.

Old 02-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT80 / SLUG

I was ready another post and found this problem with mine. any help??? This is what I posted on there thread.

Well, I had posted some things on how my LT80 was a slug. I just read this, pulled my slider and BAM---- No retainer washer, so my needle is floating aswell. My clip is in the 2nd from the top... can anyone tell me where it is suppose to be? This bike has run like crap since getting it used. No retrictors in the carb or exhaust, Stock jets, all stock that I am aware of. Also can I use and/or make a retainer for the needle? or do those grooves in the wahser do something? Thanks

Old 02-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default LT80 / SLUG

Suzuki part number
13447-30A00
I see it lists for a whopping $1.80 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Your clip position is fine.

Old 02-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default LT80 / SLUG

Thanks, I just made a tremporary one out of a bobby pin, and you would not believe the difference.... Hardley any smoke and runs like a wet cat.... Thanks

Old 02-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default LT80 / SLUG

Originally posted by: SNSGRAPHICS
I was ready another post and found this problem with mine. any help??? This is what I posted on there thread.

Well, I had posted some things on how my LT80 was a slug. I just read this, pulled my slider and BAM---- No retainer washer, so my needle is floating aswell. My clip is in the 2nd from the top... can anyone tell me where it is suppose to be? This bike has run like crap since getting it used. No retrictors in the carb or exhaust, Stock jets, all stock that I am aware of. Also can I use and/or make a retainer for the needle? or do those grooves in the wahser do something? Thanks
My daughters LT80 was kinda sluggish at the start, and was loading up pretty quick while just sitting.
Blowing lots of smoke and some oily stuff out the pipe.
Somebody else posted these same symptoms, and one of the suggestions was to move the needle clip up one position.
Our clip was in the second position from the top. So I moved the clip up one spot (to top position).

That made a huge difference. The LT runs way better now.
Helped my daughter improve a lot this weekend in her races.

BTW, her quad is totally stock, have only made a couple adjustments.
Now I'm off to remove two rollers from front clutch and see what that does.
I'm taking baby steps while I'm learning about these lil things.

Old 02-21-2005, 04:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default LT80 / SLUG

i tried our clip in 3 different spots and didn't notice any obvious change.

Old 02-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default LT80 / SLUG

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
i tried our clip in 3 different spots and didn't notice any obvious change.
I'll be the first to admit I'm still learning and don't know much about these type's of motors, not much at all. But I am sure learning a lot from all you guys out here.
I've got pages of stuff printed up. trying to go through and sort it all out.

But, the biggest improvement so far has been moving the clip up one position (to the top).
Runs a lot cleaner. Maybe seems like a lot to me since I don't know much different.

Before this weekends race I'm going to do the following.
I'm going to take out two rollers. I hope I can figure that out without screwing anything up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Upgrade the handlebars to something taller.
Try to get new tires for the rear.

This is so much fun watching her improve, gain confidence, and I'm learning.
All these kids are fun to watch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'm gonna post a suspension question. Everybody, Please give me your input/advice

Thanks

Old 02-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default LT80 / SLUG

wow, racing! awesome. we're only rec riders. i can't tell ya anything about suspension, other than after owning 2 quads with no shocks or suspension whatsoever, everything seems great to me.

actually, the position you have your clip in is the one we had ours in ( I think), so maybe no wonder we didn't notice a big difference. it was already where it shoulda been.