Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 150 MKII

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

This is my first post, so let me start by saying hello everyone. First things first, I do not know squat about four wheelers, but a neighborhood friend has one for his son, and my son was always wanting to ride it. I started out researching online, and after going back and forth hundreds of times, I finally decided to try my luck on a "no-name" brand. I went with the Kazuma 150 MKII, and we are only a few days into it, but it is holding up fine. I made sure that the dealer changed the oil and I double checked that everything was locked down pretty good still after a few hours ride time. Of course, a separate friend has a Honda 250 sportrax, and it rides and turns and performs much better (obviously), but I also saved a few thousand dollars. If my son takes a serious interest, then I'll consider getting a better bike. For now, though, I think the Kazuma bike is better than I expected. I only have one minor concern in that the bike can get up on two wheels pretty easy, and I went with the MKII because of the wider arms, so not sure about that. Perhaps the shocks need to be adjusted to allow for more suspension???? I'll try and add a follow up post as we get more hours into the bike.

Old 02-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

I am no expert on this bike, however I have done some research. I think the bike should hold up just fine. The 150 is a little tall for its width. I think some have been inverting the front wheels. The offset is different and gives it a wider stance in the front. Do some research and you should be able to find some wheel spacers that will fit. This will set the wheels out farther from the hub and give you a more stable ride.

Old 02-14-2005, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

Do a search for the Yamoto 150 and read the hundreds of replies. Alot of good reading, since the kazuma has the same problems. Loctite is your friend.

Old 02-15-2005, 01:43 AM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

The spacers are a good idea to widen your boys quad stance and stability. If you can't find what you're looking for at an atv/offroad store try a golf cart company. Many of the parts are the same and can be used on the quad, I know this because I have a friend that owns a golf cart company. Ramtech and I have both posted re. the loctite before and I can't agree more, loctite, loctite, loctite and did I mention loctite.

Good Luck

Old 02-26-2005, 10:08 AM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

I just got my daughters MKII 150 about 2 weeks ago. It is very unstable and overpowered for its height , tires and stiff shocks. Here are the problems I found and what Iam doing to fix them. NOTE: the areas we ride can get very sandy and that is where the Kazumza MKII gets into trouble. I have about 2 acres we tested the quad in. Almost on every turn the front wheeels will lock/jam to the right or left when hitting sand. At moderate speeds it can flip. We spin the tires at full throtle all the way around the track. The suspension is very stiff in the front.

Here is what we did to compensate. First weput 30-40lbs of ankle weights on the front and tested the quad. It performed about 50% better on the turns , but was still unstable at moderate speeds. After riding for several hours like that we decided to rotate the tires backwards and that did the trick we got 80% beter stability and removed the weights. The back tires still spin and rarely do the front tires lock to the right or left. ITS A TRACTION ISSUE with too stiff of shocks on the front. I was so confident at the better performance I let my 9 yr old daughter follow me trail riding. She did very well at moderate speeds 10-20 till she hit sand and spun side ways with the front wheels turning to the right. We have decided to change the tires and soon the front shocks. I realize some of you Kazuma owners probably dont have the problems we are having since have sand and pack mixed trails.

Turning the tires backwards uses the "V" to grip and helps with stability out of the box. The quad is good on pavement , turf and packed hard surfaces but not stable in sand. Use the throtle limiter for kids, it will keep them from getting into trouble.

I hope this helps some of you getting disapointed with this quad out of the box. I think it is good for the $1500 I payed. But desperatley needs some mods.

Old 02-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

SFRider, I can't agree more. I have 2 110s and found many of the same issues. These Kazumas are good deal for the money, but right out of the box you need to do some "tweaking". I rode the 150 at the dealer and it is a better quad than the 110, but it is over powered or underweight depending on how you want to look at it. Since these are my boys first quads and they are learning that is one of the reasons I decided on the 110s. The other is I want them to at least get the idea of how to shift before they graduate up to bigger quads with a full clutch transmission.

Good luck and have fun with your daughter.

Old 02-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

We just went out and bought a DINLI 90 Beast and its way more stable than the Kazuma 150.

More bad news on the Kazuma ! WATCH your kids and throtle it down. My daughter flipped it today when the wheels locked and it rolled on its side and pined my daughters leg. The only one that realy got hurt was my wife running to the rescue. She fell and hit her head on a rock, shes ok but got an egg on the side of her head. There is nothing like your kid screeming for help. I kind of think we are lucky and my daughter now has respect for the thing.

We are planing on better shocks and new knobby tires. We are just waiting for the tires to come in. I have RAZORs comming in for the back and already bought the fronts. They are the same height but 1 inch wider so we will get 2 more inches width. I will report back when the upgrade / mod project is over.

When all is said and done I wish we bought to DINLI 90's. My kazuma stablility project is going to bring the cost up to about $2000 or more.

Old 02-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

SFRIder,

Are you not happy with the MKII? I thought it would be more stable then the prevoiuse 150 because of the witer a arms. How is the power with the automatic trans. Hot tight is the suspension? I know the tires are very cheap. I put on wheel spacers on my sons 110 and it made a huge difference. The wheels dont come off the ground when he turns. Before the spacers they would come up alot. I was thinking about upgrading to the MKII. I just want to know your overall opinion. I would expect the Dinli to be more stable because the center of gravity is much lower then the 150.

Old 02-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

The MKII has chain tensioners and disk brake protection. This quad may be more stable than the previous 150 but I cant compare it since I dont own an old model. The tires are terrible for where we live turning them backward gave alittle more stablilty. Our terain transtions quickly from semi hard to sugar sand. I am already considering spacers. My new tires for both front and back are 1" wider so we are going to have 2" more after the new tires. As far as the automatic trans, its good. I think the engine is the best part of the machine. My only complaint is stability it doesnt have it. I am not happy with the MKII out of the box so to speak that is why we bought a different brand "DINLI 90".

Whats wrong with the Kazuma.
Stability
Front suspension is too stiff.
Tires are no good except on pavement or turf.
Too tall
Front steering too loose.

Iam hopeing to gain alot of stability and will add photos of my new tires as soon as we get them on and try it.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

Hi eveyone. Just a follow to my personal experience with the Kazuma MKII. We have had the bike for a few weeks now, and we are still having pretty good success with it. Of course, my son and I do not do any off the wall riding. Just your basic dirt trails and possible "slop" riding depending on the weather the day before. All in all, the bike has functioned great. It does take some patience to get it started if it has been idle for more than a few days, but I can't complain.

Quick Reply: Kazuma 150 MKII