Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)

Oh no!!! I looked at the suzuki website and found out what type of carb came on this quad(MikuniT VM16SH). I then looked on Mikuni's website for a breakdown of the carb, and it shows a (PLATE, NEEDLE RETAINER), but I don't have that in my carb, I must have dropped it or something because the quad ran perfect until I removed the restrictor from the carb. What does the retainer do? Is this my problem?

Any Ideas

Old 02-20-2005, 01:06 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: AJ1
Set for slight play at WOT. Is the plastic washer still under the clip? If not the needle is to low. Goes in this order,plastic washer, needle with clip, metal washer with notches, spring, carb top.
It still has the white plastic washer that sits on top of the valve.

Old 02-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well if it is the same as most carbs then the retainer clip keeps the needle in the slide. Did you put the restrictor back in to see if it runs any better.

Old 02-20-2005, 01:18 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
Well if it is the same as most carbs then the retainer clip keeps the needle in the slide. So when the slide goes up with throttle so does the needle. It also sets how much fuel gets past the needle jet when at idle. I would say you lost the clip. You can take the needle out to see if the clip is still on the needle. If not then you can go to any atv shop or even home depot and get an e clip that will fit the needle.
I still have the clip that goes onto the needle, I misplaced the metal washer with notches. I'm on my way back to the shed (12:16am) to find this washer that I need.

Old 02-20-2005, 01:21 AM
AJ1
Weekend Warrior

I think what is missing is the washer with the cable notches, it holds the needle down in the slide so it dosn't float up. the spring sits on top of this washer. Sounds like the trouble, if the needle floats up it leans out!!!

Old 02-20-2005, 01:40 AM
AJ1
Weekend Warrior

correction, if needle floats up it goes rich not lean. washer sits right on top of the clip so needle can't move up. It's to late to think staight. HAHA It's still your trouble.

Old 02-20-2005, 02:09 AM
Trailblazer

IT'S ALIVE, IT'S AAAALLLLIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE,

Went back to the shed to look for the washer with the notches, and where do I find it? Under my YFZ rear tire (I'll be damn). So I quickly install it and leave the needle on the third notch, I start her up, let her idle for a couple minutes, get on her and give it WOT, ----------OH MY, this little thing was running like a raped ape[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. I can't wait for my sons to wake up tomorrow to see the quad running perfectly.

I really want to thank everyone who took the time to respond and give me their suggestions (THANKS). AJ1, special shout out to you for your input, it was right on the money, especially with the IDLE screw.

Thanks again everyone!!!!

The R

Old 02-20-2005, 02:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

LMAO!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2005, 02:47 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: LT80
LMAO!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Me 2!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2005, 08:03 AM
Trailblazer

Can you tell me where the restrictors were. My son has an LT80 and an Eton 90 I have the some manuals for the Eton but not the LT. And after reading all the post any information you can give me would be a great

Thanks

Quick Reply: AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)