Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)

Hello Everyone,

The LT80 (05) was running super when I first gave it to my sons (last week). They started to say it wasn't fast enough, so I remeoved the first restrictor. It ran even better, then they ran like that for a day or two and asked again, can I make it faster. After reviewing their riding skills I decided to remove the last restrictor, It has run like crap ever since. I did exactly what the manual told me to, but now it won't excellerate correctly (cuts in and out), once you give it WOT and let go of the throttle it cuts off, If my kids take it for a lap around the yard, it putters then excellerates then putters again, then once they come to a stop it cuts off. In order for me to start it, I have to give it a lot of throttle, and it barely starts.

I really need you guys help on this one, my boys are starting to think that daddy broke the quad (I can't have that). I put the top of the carb back exactly like I removed it, did I not do something I was suppose to?

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Trailblazer

DO you have the petcock in the right position long part forward.

Old 02-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

I have it pointing to the ON position. I can't remember if that is down, forward or up. I'll go check to make sure[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Trailblazer

You might try to turn the air screw in or adjust the needle using the top screw.. if not, dirty carb or air filter,bad gas,check the air filter,if it is a new machine,never trust dealer preps,Ive had bad luck with that so i always go through it myself..

Old 02-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Trailblazer

I went and checked, and I had it in the correct position for ON which is down. Come on guys, I need help with this (my boys has missed a complete riding day because of this.

Please help

Old 02-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ltdaddyo
You might try to turn the air screw in or adjust the needle using the top screw.. if not, dirty carb or air filter,bad gas,check the air filter,if it is a new machine,never trust dealer preps,Ive had bad luck with that so i always go through it myself..
I'll go try that now.

Old 02-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ltdaddyo
Actually, I'm not familiar with the carb (air screw, top screw). Will I need to take the carb out completely to do this?

Old 02-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Trailblazer

I've included a link to a picture of the carb (maybe you guys can see if I did anything wrong). Just an FYI, I had the top of the carb screwed all the way down also, but it didn't help.

Pic Of Carb

Old 02-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Range Rover

How does it run with the choke on?

Old 02-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

taking away the restictors allowed more airflow, you now need more fuel flow, you need to re-jet, im not sure how to do it on the LT50, do they have main jets and so on? Im sure someone can help you on that part.

Quick Reply: AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)