Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Yamoto 70cc Green Sticker??

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamoto 70cc Green Sticker??

I am shopping for a youth ATV in the 70-90cc range. Does any one know if the Yamoto 70 is a green sticker quad? Are there any other off-brand youth quads that are green sticker?

Old 02-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer

The Yamoto 70cc is not green sticker. But yamoto upgraded the engine in it. It still might be red sticker. If it is a brand new one it can be counted as green sticker.(maybe)

Old 02-21-2005, 07:13 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: gotago
I am shopping for a youth ATV in the 70-90cc range. Does any one know if the Yamoto 70 is a green sticker quad? Are there any other off-brand youth quads that are green sticker?
The only chinese quad that is green sticker legal is the yamoto 110. You can some times get a green sticker for the others if you can get them to sell you one. Neither is easy though.

Old 02-22-2005, 04:43 AM
Quad Patrol

Exactly what MWQ said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] RACEWAYATV is up on kids quads and red/green sticker in California. Go to the top of this page, he has a link, it's second from the left (He's a Preferred Vendor on ATVConnection.com) He has models listed (that he sells) that are Ca. authorized. It's on the bottom of his web page. Anyways, he might be able to steer you in the right direction[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I wouldn't trust dealers in Ca. seems to many people (1 is to many, in my book) are told one thing and given a red sticker and can't get out of it. Good Luck

Also, here's info off of California's Off-Hwy Motor Vehicle Recreation Division web site.

The Green Sticker Or Red Sticker: If you are going to operate a motorized vehicle off-road only, you must have either a Green Sticker or a Red Sticker that has been issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. The Green Sticker allows vehicles to operate on public land all year. The Red Sticker is for motorcycles and ATVs model year 2003 and newer that do not meet the emission standards established by the California Air Resources Board. If the vehicle has a 3 or a C in the eighth position of the Vehicle Identification Number, then it does not meet the emission standards and should be issued a Red Sticker. The Red Sticker is exactly the same as the Green Sticker except that these vehicles can only be operated during certain times of the year. To find out when you can operate your vehicle, call the specific riding area that you want to visit or you can look it up on our web site at http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=21928.