Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma KMZ 150 problem, "please Help"

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma KMZ 150 problem, "please Help"

Hey guys I bought a new Kazuma KMZ 150 from raceway about 2 months ago. It has ran perfectly until today. Two days ago I had to replace the plugs on my DS, so I decided to go ahead and see if I could find a NGK for my son's Kazuma. I took the plug out of his bike and took it to a local dealership. He gave me a plug that had the exact measurements and stated that it the computer showed it to be the replacement plug. Well I intalled the plug and let the bike idle for a few minutes with no problems. We went out today and my son got on the bike and rode it for about 2 minutes and it started studdering and shut off. As I went up to check the bike out there was fuel pouring out of the overflow tube. I finally got the bike started after a couple of minutes and it ran like crap and then started pouring fuel out of the tube again. I then pulled the plug and it was fried. I do believe that the dealership gave me a plug that was running to hot. That would explain the fuel pouring out the was not being burnt. Does anyone know what replacement plug fits this bike? I threw the old one out, "stupid I know" but need to try a new one. I would really appreciate any input on this problem.

Thanks guys.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

The Plug you need is a NGK C7HSA. You may want to check the carbs to to make sure you don't have a choke sticking. I would also advise installing a fuel filter on these things. I have a FX-150 and I have had hours of fun on it, but they are pretty cheap and they foul plugs. Have fun, be safe and I hope this helps.

Ken

Old 04-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

Ken, how can I check the carb to tell if the choke is sticking? I think that it has an electric choke on it, is there anyway to check?

Old 04-04-2005, 09:21 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

KENDADDY is right about the plug, that is what I use in the yamoto150. The fuel running out of the carb is most likely from a sticking float. I would reccomend taking off the carb and cleaning it with carb cleaner. Do not get carb cleaner on any thing rubber as it will grow and become un usable. Could you explain what you mean by "fried" when describing the plug?

Old 04-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

What I mean by fried is after two minutes of run time the plug was solid black with carbon. The old plug looked perfect after about 10 hrs on it. I can't imagine that the carb would be messed up within 10 hrs, but I guess that it is possible. The way it acts is really weird. I started in up again tonight to see if I could fix it and it was really hard to start and then ran like crap for a couple of minutes, and then ran perfect for about 20 seconds and then died again. And it just keeps doing that. It did not pour fuel out this time, but I only ran it for about 3 minutes. I really have to figure this out, I can't stand to see my son out in the garage just staring at his bike. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks guys.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

you are going to have to take the carb off and clean it out. probobly something in needle and seat. have had to do this to my sons 110 several times. after you the first time you would think I would have put an inline filter in this thing.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:32 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

It is getting too much fuel. Clean the carb and install a fuel filter. i have had the carb off my wifes yamoto 3 times since installing a filter. Very strange and annoying.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

what do you mean by fried?
The fuel drain screw may be in the open position on the carb, causing the fuel to come out.

Old 04-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I see you've gotten a lot of advice on this machine. I have also tried "Gumout carb and choke cleaner" I used the kind you pour into the gas and just drove it... that helped alot with mine. These things are tempermental... i still think they are a good value for the money. I would not advise working on the carb yourself if you don't know what you are doing. make sure you install a FUEL FILTER... best money I ever spent.

good luck

Old 04-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

You may also want to check the intake manifold, I just replaced that on mine. It had a hairline crack, ran like a dog. Now it runs perfect.

thanks,
ken