Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Getting ready to pull the triger on a couple Kazumas..need advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Getting ready to pull the triger on a couple Kazumas..need advice

The desert cat is a great machine. Up there with all the name brands and they are pretty quick.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff,
I'm sure you will be happy with your Raptor purchase over time...If you don't mind me asking how much did you pick it up for? Thinking of getting one for my son in a year or so.

Windmill

Old 06-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

$2500.00out the door

Old 06-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just how is warning folks not to make a questionable purchase "BASHING"??? One comes to the forum to hear from those who have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with a machine, and cut through the BS that one gets from the dealership and manufacturers advertising. My buddy's kids bikes have a problem of some kind on virtually every ride. You can just count on spending an hour out on the trail, trying to track down a loose wire or whatever. If price is your major concern, then look for a used machine that is of high quality. In the end, you will be better off.

When I was talking about "parts", I was refering to the 3 minis that we have owned. Actually tough, when I think about it, I have never had to do anything major to any of my machines. Just the routine stuff like worn out cables, chains, sprockets, etc. Its a tribute to how tough these machnes really are!

Old 06-08-2005, 10:28 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

Originally posted by: reconranger
But the question you have to ask yourself is WHY ARE YOU NEEDING TO BUY PARTS IN THE FIRST PLACE??? Maybe because the crappy thing breaks down all the time???
Everything eventually brakes. I've pushed a Honda back to camp on more than one occasion.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Look at the Jackel ATVs in the no name arena. My machine has been great and is on par with Dinli and Eton for less money. Just a thought.

Robert

Old 06-08-2005, 11:55 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Just how is warning folks not to make a questionable purchase "BASHING"??? One comes to the forum to hear from those who have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with a machine, and cut through the BS that one gets from the dealership and manufacturers advertising. My buddy's kids bikes have a problem of some kind on virtually every ride. You can just count on spending an hour out on the trail, trying to track down a loose wire or whatever. If price is your major concern, then look for a used machine that is of high quality. In the end, you will be better off.

When I was talking about "parts", I was refering to the 3 minis that we have owned. Actually tough, when I think about it, I have never had to do anything major to any of my machines. Just the routine stuff like worn out cables, chains, sprockets, etc. Its a tribute to how tough these machnes really are!
I appologize for using the word bashing. The point I was trying to make, was that I didnt want to debate the value of a kazuma. I dont own one, and I dont know anyone who does.
My only point was that you will need to buy parts for all ohv's eventually. You claimed " I don't recall ever buying a single "part" for either of my Hondas or Suzuki!" That was the only thing I was questioning.

Old 06-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your input

Old 06-10-2005, 02:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought a Kazuma FX 250. I've had it a week and it has been a lot of trouble. I regret buying it and would not buy another.
I have the posting about the overheating problem, I tried to bleed all the air out of the radiator and when I took it for a ride to see if it was going to work the muffler broke and the front brakes locked up. Something has gone wrong everytime we've tried to ride it from the very first day and it has all been very gentle riding in the back yard.
I thought it would be nice to buy something brand new for a change, but boy was I wrong.
When it gets back from the shop I'm putting it up for sale.

Old 06-11-2005, 01:55 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Sell it, and then change you name!

Quick Reply: Getting ready to pull the triger on a couple Kazumas..need advice