Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Getting ready to pull the triger on a couple Kazumas..need advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 11:04 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting ready to pull the triger on a couple Kazumas..need advice

Originally posted by: reconranger
Sell it, and then change you name!
You think the new buyer is gonna come looking or what? lol! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: reconranger
Sell it, and then change you name!

LMAO

Old 06-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

I bought a used 2002 trx90 in 2003 for $1700. It has run like a champ. The only stuff that went wrong with it was our own dang fault (wrecking, forgetting to check the oil [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] ) My boys have been HARD on it and we've let adults ride it too (big adults!) I think that little quad is super.

We bought 2 brand spanking new Kazuma 110s last November and have had issues virtually every ride. They are tall and narrow - way too tippy for inexperienced riders. The tires are crap. The plastic is brittle. We've had some issues with chain, oil plug, electrical system, handling/turning, the pipe falling off, etc. We bought them with the idea that the girls had never had a nice new big gift like that ever and we wanted to give it to them rather than someone's used, wornout toy.

Personally, I would not do it ever again. My boyfriend, has a more open mind though - that's one reason I like him so much.

To be fair, we did expect minor issues, and we got them.

Old 06-14-2005, 01:16 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: nwcutie
I bought a used 2002 trx90 in 2003 for $1700. It has run like a champ. The only stuff that went wrong with it was our own dang fault (wrecking, forgetting to check the oil [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] ) My boys have been HARD on it and we've let adults ride it too (big adults!) I think that little quad is super.

We bought 2 brand spanking new Kazuma 110s last November and have had issues virtually every ride. They are tall and narrow - way too tippy for inexperienced riders. The tires are crap. The plastic is brittle. We've had some issues with chain, oil plug, electrical system, handling/turning, the pipe falling off, etc. We bought them with the idea that the girls had never had a nice new big gift like that ever and we wanted to give it to them rather than someone's used, wornout toy.

Personally, I would not do it ever again. My boyfriend, has a more open mind though - that's one reason I like him so much.

To be fair, we did expect minor issues, and we got them.
I have to ask nwcutie, do they make it thru a ride yet? Or are they still a pain to own?

Old 06-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

They are still a pain. The pipe falling off on one of the bikes happened last weekend at Horn Rapids on the kiddie track.

The other one has an issue with dying like it's not getting gas. We'll probably tear the carb apart to see if maybe it's dirty in there.

One of them did make it through memorial weekend with no issues. The 10 year old was riding it on a very technical trail at Capitol Forest. Course she was painfully slow and had a few tippy moments, but made it just fine through the ruts, mud, roots, etc.

Oh yeah, speaking of slow.........yes they are.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, by the way MWQ,

my first bike was a rupp minicycle when I was 8. I loved that thing!

Old 06-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

I have a '05 kazuma rfx 150 not a great ride but has plenty of power for a younger more inexperienced rider. I bought it to make sure it was something my son would enjoy doing regularly so that i didnt waste alot of money on a BIG4 machine. If the want stays then i will upgrade him to a better machine. but we have 9 machines total in the family and we have all had a turn with it and found it has plenty of pulling power but no top end IE good for young rider with little to no experience.
My 2 cents worth........

Old 06-14-2005, 11:08 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

They are still a pain. The pipe falling off on one of the bikes happened last weekend at Horn Rapids on the kiddie track.

The other one has an issue with dying like it's not getting gas. We'll probably tear the carb apart to see if maybe it's dirty in there.

One of them did make it through memorial weekend with no issues. The 10 year old was riding it on a very technical trail at Capitol Forest. Course she was painfully slow and had a few tippy moments, but made it just fine through the ruts, mud, roots, etc.

Oh yeah, speaking of slow.........yes they are.

Thats a real bummer. The yamoto has been a bit annoying but has only gone bad on a ride once out of about 20 rides.

Oh, by the way MWQ,

my first bike was a rupp minicycle when I was 8. I loved that thing!
I bought mine on ebay and am in the middle of making a real clean rider out of it. i dont want to restore it yet bacause it is too much fun to ride.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer

We have never had the 150 break while out on a ride. In fact other than losing one of the swing arm bolts ( my fault cuz i didnt locktite em ) it has been pretty reliable. But, my son is new to the sport and does not b eat it, he does ride it hard tho. he has been riding it since october and so far so good. I teach them young to take good care of their stuff so it will last.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

It sounds like everyone has had allot of trouble out these Kazuma's. However I have had a 50 for a few months now and it has offered no trouble. Other than being a little cold natured (meaning it needs to warm up before it goes well) it has been an ok little quad. Now it in no way compares to a LT50, But for $500.00 the little ones love it. Our 3 and 5 year old girls love it. We also have Relatives that ride it as well. They are 9, 8 and 6 years old. So it gets a work out. But it has been good so far. No problems. Not even a Spark Plug. And I know they use a cheap Chinese brand. Any way maybe I’m just lucky. But I have owned LT50's and LT80's and even an old Badger80 and while the Kazuma is not nearly as nice as them, it’s been a good quad for the price.

Quick Reply: Getting ready to pull the triger on a couple Kazumas..need advice