Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005 | 09:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

The resitictor is under the rear fender - the side opposite the muffler.

Here is a picture with it plugged in:

Resitrictor Plugged In

Below is a picture with it unplugged:

Restrictor Unplugged

I would be careful with it unplugged. I only run for short periods of time when I got it unplugged. The resitrictor might be there to protect your engine from over revving.

Have you guys had you Baja in the mud? Whoaaaa! Thats a blast! It does pretty good in the mud actually:

My Baja 90

Old 09-16-2005 | 09:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: mgregory
The resitictor is under the rear fender - the side opposite the muffler.

Here is a picture with it plugged in:

Resitrictor Plugged In

Below is a picture with it unplugged:

Restrictor Unplugged

I would be careful with it unplugged. I only run for short periods of time when I got it unplugged. The resitrictor might be there to protect your engine from over revving.

Have you guys had you Baja in the mud? Whoaaaa! Thats a blast! It does pretty good in the mud actually:

My Baja 90
Nice pics.....yeah we got ours stuck once..... man it was throwing the mud good.......my boy just slow down too much and bog down.......its a mud eater for sure....I did see the new Baja 150's and 300 today at Pepboys.......good looking eye candy.....really dig the 150cc auto......looks more like a beef-up Baja 90......real sporty looking......may be my next one after I save a bit !!!

Old 09-16-2005 | 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Thanks mgregory,
Does yours have a speedometer? What is your maximum khm's with the limiter plugged in and with it unplugged?

I wondering if it is the norm for it to only reach 30khm and then start jolting/missing when in full throttle.

I talked to the centre here that services the Baja ATV's for Canadian Tire and he recommended not to unplug the speed limiter because it will over heat and cause damage as you had said.
What he recommended was to have the carberator adjusted by positioning the needle which is presently in the middle to the bottom which makes the engine run cooler and then preventing any problems when removing the speed limiter.

Old 09-16-2005 | 11:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Nope - no speedo. I should take a GPS out with me. It should tell me my speed, hey? I would guess 30-35mph? It's fast enough with those little wheels. It wants to buck me off on a few sections of the trail that I ride at that speed. lol

Yeah, I would be careful. I leave it plugged in when the kids and me are on it. When I go out by myself I leave it unplugged just in case I need emergency speed. Last night in the dark I got a surprise on the trail. I was booting along - weeds up to the fenders blocking the light beams. I saw something up ahead jump on the trail - didn't know what it was until I saw a black tail with a white stripe aiming at me. The trail is an abondoned rail line, so I couldn't turn around on the quad. I had to do the Austin Powers, forward/reverse/forward/reverse/forward/reverse thing to get it turned around and get the hell out of there. lol Didn't know if it was a rabid skunk or not. Good thing I had the restrictor unplugged! lol

Old 09-17-2005 | 12:22 AM
jef
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

I was talking to one of the guys at baja he said unpluging the speed limiter wont hurt the motor it just restricts the speed its not a rev limiter it just to keep it at a decent speed for the kids i know i've had mine unplugged since the 2nd day we had it ours still runs fine. Just make sure to always check your oil level.

Old 09-17-2005 | 10:37 AM
|
Range Rover
Default Baja 90cc

Nice pics.....yeah we got ours stuck once..... man it was throwing the mud good.......my boy just slow down too much and bog down.......its a mud eater for sure....I did see the new Baja 150's and 300 today at Pepboys.......good looking eye candy.....really dig the 150cc auto......looks more like a beef-up Baja 90......real sporty looking......may be my next one after I save a bit !!![/quote]

BOZZY
I just looked on the baja site also pepboys and no new quad's can you tell us what the 300cc look like...sport or utility quad??

Old 09-17-2005 | 02:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: ArcticBrat
Nice pics.....yeah we got ours stuck once..... man it was throwing the mud good.......my boy just slow down too much and bog down.......its a mud eater for sure....I did see the new Baja 150's and 300 today at Pepboys.......good looking eye candy.....really dig the 150cc auto......looks more like a beef-up Baja 90......real sporty looking......may be my next one after I save a bit !!!
BOZZY
I just looked on the baja site also pepboys and no new quad's can you tell us what the 300cc look like...sport or utility quad??[/quote]

Hope they update those sites soon..........yeah the 300cc and 150cc's are all sport......and very sporty might I add.......I stop by to take a second look again........the 300 does say Suzuki on the engine........the 150cc 5-speed......looks like a Suzuki.......but says........National ?!?......and the 150 auto.....is a cvt auto and does say china built on it ..........the 300 does have some very sweet looking front lights............kinda like the Bat mobile........very sleek and aero dynamic looking.......the exhaust looks to be a dual chrome tail pipe from the head. P.S. ,....this is bozzy from my work computer.

Old 09-18-2005 | 09:16 AM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

BOZZY
I just looked on the baja site also pepboys and no new quad's can you tell us what the 300cc look like...sport or utility quad??[/quote]

Hey ArticBrat if you go to the Pepboys web site today ....enter zip code...45342....under current ads......then do a search on Baja....18 items.....most dupicate.....on the second page.....you'll see a new pic......its the Baja 150cc......ok now the only different's in appearance between the 300 and 150 5-speed is that the 300 has these really cool looking swept back tear drop head lights that sit low between the front fenders......other than that they look identical (same body style) and they are the exact same size....in lenght 68", seat height 32" and width 40"......tires are the same too.......hope this helps....the pic is pretty decent but does not show the rear end too well......let me know if that works ?!?!

Old 09-18-2005 | 06:11 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Baja 90cc

Hey ArticBrat if you go to the Pepboys web site today ....enter zip code...45342....under current ads......then do a search on Baja....18 items.....most dupicate.....on the second page.....you'll see a new pic......its the Baja 150cc......ok now the only different's in appearance between the 300 and 150 5-speed is that the 300 has these really cool looking swept back tear drop head lights that sit low between the front fenders......other than that they look identical (same body style) and they are the exact same size....in lenght 68", seat height 32" and width 40"......tires are the same too.......hope this helps....the pic is pretty decent but does not show the rear end too well......let me know if that works ?!?![/quote]

Cool looking quad... so it's also 5 speed like the 300cc..Do they come in other colors or just blue?

Old 09-18-2005 | 08:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Hey ArticBrat if you go to the Pepboys web site today ....enter zip code...45342....under current ads......then do a search on Baja....18 items.....most dupicate.....on the second page.....you'll see a new pic......its the Baja 150cc......ok now the only different's in appearance between the 300 and 150 5-speed is that the 300 has these really cool looking swept back tear drop head lights that sit low between the front fenders......other than that they look identical (same body style) and they are the exact same size....in lenght 68", seat height 32" and width 40"......tires are the same too.......hope this helps....the pic is pretty decent but does not show the rear end too well......let me know if that works ?!?!
Cool looking quad... so it's also 5 speed like the 300cc..Do they come in other colors or just blue?[/quote]

Yeah get this I was just talking to the manager at my local P.B. store and she said Baja was also gonna replace their Utility quad the wilderness 250cc with a better looking more up to date model......the 300cc 5-speed is in red and so is 150 auto.....guess I need to sell a bike to make room for another......buy ,sell.....seems thats all I do....ha.

Quick Reply: Baja 90cc