Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005 | 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: jef
Just wondering what do u guys think the resale value of these baja 90's will be like say i wanted to sell mine next spring what would be a good asking price cdn $

Old 09-26-2005 | 05:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Has anyone experienced any unusual vibration? (High frequency, not a result of imballanced tires etc.

After about 10 hrs of use my Baja 90 started to produce a very auditable (can hear it) vibration from 20KPH up when under regular load. Under light and heavy loads there is no vibration. When coasting down hill at any speed there is no vibration so it is the engin/transmition. The chain is fine, greased and adjusted as per specs. The oil level is also fine and the engin was not overly stressed during the break in.

The engine sounds fine and has not lost any power. I'm thinking that it could be the transmition.

Any ideas?

Old 09-26-2005 | 11:36 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: LittleBow
Has anyone experienced any unusual vibration? (High frequency, not a result of imballanced tires etc.

After about 10 hrs of use my Baja 90 started to produce a very auditable (can hear it) vibration from 20KPH up when under regular load. Under light and heavy loads there is no vibration. When coasting down hill at any speed there is no vibration so it is the engin/transmition. The chain is fine, greased and adjusted as per specs. The oil level is also fine and the engin was not overly stressed during the break in.

The engine sounds fine and has not lost any power. I'm thinking that it could be the transmition.

Any ideas?
Did you check to see if the mufler and pipe bolts are tight? If they are loose it will give a nasty vibration...

Old 09-27-2005 | 01:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Check your exhaust for loose bolts etc. Mine rattles a bit but it's from the joint on the exhaust pipe. If thats all good check the engine mounting bolts one could be loose. A loose bolt on the engine or exhaust will make all kinds of freaky noise & vibrations!!

As for resale hard to say depends what the new ones sell for next spring. If you drive it for the winter and can get $1k for it I think you're doing ok.

Old 09-30-2005 | 04:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

To bi-pass the govenor: if you unplug it, then try to start the 4 wheeler it wont start, so start it, and while its running unplug the govenor. Then it should be bi-passed and your 4 wheeler should start. Leave it unplugged cuz i dont know what happens to it when you plug it back in, thats how i bi-passed min and i got it going up to 60 but its still not even broken in yet. Hope i helped ya, write me back and tell me how it went. good luck!

Old 09-30-2005 | 04:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: Bozzy
Don't know if this bike has a governer on it ?!?!.....if so......wonder if that would help the low end power......it could use a little more....like most 90's........ours goes about 30 or so and then does bog like it has a governer or something.
Yeah, it does have a govenor on it, it is on the left side by the emergency kill switch. To bi pass it you have to start your 4 wheeler and leave it running, then un-plug the govenor (cuz if you unplug the govenor then try to start your machine it wont start) then after that it should be bipassed and will start ever time, thats how i did mine and its still running great, so far (its not broken in yet) it goes 60, its nice, it gives it that nice extra kick and speed that makes it more enjoyable. I have had my govenor bipassed for about a month now and i ride it every weekend, the odd weeknight but i start it pretty much every day. good luck and if you need help or have questions just ask me! enjoy

Old 10-01-2005 | 07:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

please help....
can you tell me what the speed restrictor looks like on my 90cc panterra....
i've been looking and reading all other replies but i still can't find it...

Old 10-02-2005 | 09:25 AM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Hey guys....the 3 new Baja atv pics are up on the Pepboys web site.....only problem is the prices and descriptions are wrong.....the red bike with the sleek head lights is not the 150cc but is the 300cc....for $ 2,999......and the blue one is the 150cc extreme for $ 1,999........I like the other red auto for only $ 1,499......my price range.....heck I paid $ 1,000 for the 90cc and the 150cc body is a little bigger frame with nice tires.....not a bad value. check them out.....

Old 10-08-2005 | 02:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: chuck01
please help....
can you tell me what the speed restrictor looks like on my 90cc panterra....
i've been looking and reading all other replies but i still can't find it...
You said that you had a 90cc panterra?
I dunno if thats the same as the baja but on the baja the govenor (speed restrictor) looks like a black square, that is a little bigger than a small box of matches, and it has a bunch of wires that are clumped together and the they have a plastic plug in the connects them to the govenor (the plastic is white), wow that was hard to explain, and again its on the left side, at the back, it is attached to one of the bars (part of the frame) its not hard to miss if your machine looks the same as this one and has the exact same govenor. Yeah the manual if i can remember didnt say anything about it cuz they dont want you to fool around with it, i was just itching to get mine to go faster so me and my buddies tried this out. I hope that was helpful and if you have more qustions just ask again or send me a pic of your machine

Old 10-21-2005 | 02:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Can sombody tell me who makes the baja 90cc atv and where they are located, they seem to be popular and I would like to do some more checking on them before I would buy one. Thanks Donna

Quick Reply: Baja 90cc