Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

k&n filter for kazuma

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 12:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k&n filter for kazuma

where do u mesure to put the k&n do u save any of the plastic duct work or just mount it directly to the front of the carb.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:21 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum hadaveha, On my wifes yamoto I used the stock rubber hose and a piece of aluminun tube to mount a UNI pod filter, but you could just as easilly mount it directly to the carb. or use a piece of pvc pipe. You want to measure the diameter of the carb to fit a filter to it.

Old 11-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

What Kazuma do you have? I have a 110 and removed the airbox and clamped the K&N directly to the carb. It is K&N number RU-0110. Ordered it from Autozone for about $30. It fits perfect!!

Old 11-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer

thnks guys i have a adult falcon 250 and a couger 250 airboxes looked a little suspect but thats good news

Old 11-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer

You can go to the K&N website and they have all the specs and meausrements for every possible configuration. Then go to Autozone with the manufacturers number and they will be able to order it for you.

Good luck!!!

Old 11-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Range Rover

Some have said you have to change the jets when you go to K&N or you'll burn a hole in your piston, but I don't really understand why if all you are doing is unrestricting the air flow a bit.

Old 11-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Trailblazer

Improving airflow leans your air/fuel mixture which produces more heat in the cylinder. Remember that fuel also acts as a cooling agent. The air'fuel mixture is far more critical in a 2 stroke than a 4 stroke. Anytime you do mods you will want to check the mixture all the way through the powerband. This will help mitigate many potential probs down the line (fouled plugs, poor power, hard starting, excessive fuel consumption and siezed pistons etc).

Anymore questions just ask!!

Old 11-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Range Rover

I only have 4 strokes, so are you saying it may not be necessary to mess with the jetting if a K&N is installed?

Old 11-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Like submkr said it is more critical on 2 strokes. Most 4 strokes come rich from the factory and I have never heard of a 4 stroke burning a piston from just a K&N. I highly recommend the clamp on filter on all of these chinese atv's. It is well worth it.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:22 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jetting depends on a LOT of factors such as elevation and temperature and is much more sensative on small engines, especially when they are air-cooled. Another factor when modifying an engine is how restrictive is the stock box and will it be removed completely? Some engines won't even start with the stock jetting when the box is removed. Another factor is how restrictive is the pipe? Unplugging one end and not the other can be a waste of time and money.

What would be the point in changing filters and not changing jetting? Unless you are rich from the factory, which is not a guarantee, you would not see any noticable performance gains. Jetting is a pain but its a necessary evil when you start modifying your machine. Skipping the process can be detrimental to the life of you engine.

Quick Reply: k&n filter for kazuma