Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

California Registration for kid's knock-off (SUNL) quad.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Registration for kid's knock-off (SUNL) quad.

It sounds like you guys have made a educated decision in buying a lesser brand quad. I agree, that as long as you know as much as you can prior to the purchase, your frustration level will be less, especially when the government games are played. We all probably have had our share of frustrations with DMV, however, it seems the last few times I have dealt with them, it as been a pleasant experience.

Coming from a law enforcement background, I can tell you, if an officer knows the vehicle sections for ohvs and sees a green sticker on a vehicle that shouldn't have one, he might take a little longer in his investigation. So please be patient with him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] He is only doing his job. Remember, If we lived in a perfect world[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] there would be no need for law enforcement officers.

Old 12-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: badvox
Originally posted by: GoldHEMI
smb05,

Where did you get your daughters quad from? I'm looking for a quad for my son and would like something that can be registered with a green sticker.

Thanks
What size ATV are you looking for? Based on DMV code anything under 50cc does not
require registration. :-) Also what price range? Kymco are great quads up to par with
any other major brand and at a great price. Dealer network to go with it.

~badvox

I was looking for a 50cc or 70cc quad. My son is 8 years old and has no riding experience. I was looking to spend between $500 and $1000. I want something inexpensive so he can learn on. Once he's 12 years old and still enjoys riding I would probably get him something like the Honda TRX90.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

GoldHEMI,

How big is your eight year old ? Will you be riding with him, or will he stay close to camp? Or will he just be riding around the back yard? Do you need green or red sticker? Also are you pretty handy with a wrench? If so than a Chinese quad may be for you.

Do you care if the dealer is going to give you support after the sale? If so I would recommend Raceway. I know they are a paid sponsor here but from what I have read from others, they are the way to go. And if I cared for the support after the sale I would definitely purchase from them.

Now if you don't care for the service after the sale than there are plenty of Chinese quad dealers in the surrounding Los Angeles area for you to choose from. If you want I can PM you with a list of potential dealers to purchase your quad from within your price range. Another thing to do is go down to your local liquor store and pick up a Cycle Trader. The Trader has a lot of new and used quads and dirt bikes for sale in it.

Another thing to consider is that if you buy a Chinese quad, your son's skills, dependent on how often you guys ride, will determine how fast he grows out of the quad, or how quick he can break it. Keep this in consideration in determining if a Chinese quad is the right purchase for you. You may be better off with a Yamaha, Honda, etc...

Old 07-23-2018, 04:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

I recently purchased 2 Chinese quads from a seller in Offer Up. The guy is legit (Not stolen quads) but he did not have any paperwork for it. I want to register them under my name but don't know what I need to register them at the DMV... Any advise?