Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

MWQ gets a Jetmoto 200 quad!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MWQ gets a Jetmoto 200 quad!!

The Redcat's I have don't have back up beepers. But I have an Arctic Cat snowmobile that "beeps" when you pop it in reverse. Almost sounds like it's a high temp alarm. Anyways, I agree with the forward/reverse differental on the Redcat vx-200. I haven't had any problems with it but I also haven't got the reverse cable and linkage to work correctly yet so its never moved from forward. The cable makes a fairly sharp bend at the connection to the lever and binds up- that is on the to do list.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

1st I would like to thank mywifesquad for his time, post and working with our company to bring a sold and honest review on the Jetmoto 200cc ATV. In 2006 Raceway ATV and Jetmoto will be working together to bring our customers the best of best in the import market. We have been working hand and hand with Jetmoto and there manufacturer over seas to produce ATVs and dirt bikes with top of the line quality and performance.

Overall we are very very happy with the new 2006 line of ATV'a and dirt bikes that Raceway ATV will start to offer our customers in about 2 weeks. A new 70cc, 125cc, 150cc, and 200cc.
We are confident that customers will be 100% satisfied with our new line of products!
Some of the things to look for in 2006!
* Great travel suspensions!
* 100% better welding!
* Stylish looks and performance to back it up!
* Green stickers for the state of C.A
* wider units
* (like always) Full line of replacement parts.

We are very aware of some negative post about Jetmoto and the customers service. We have spent a lot of time with the owner of Jetmoto and have been working together to get all of these issues straightened out. Like I said before Raceway ATV will be carrying the Jetmoto line and will be handle customer service/ tech support and parts on the Jetmoto units that are bought from our company!

Within the next 2 weeks we will post more information on this agreement with Jetmoto and will have all of our pricing set at that time also. We will only be stock parts for the new line of Jetmoto products that we will be offering! We will still be offering the same line of products that we carry at this time!

Thanks again to all for your time!

Raceway ATV/ Jetmoto ATV's.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Trailblazer

my redcat reverse works fine (except for reverse signal light it is out) fine but thankfully there is no reverse beep.

Old 02-16-2006, 02:14 PM
geo
Trailblazer

imho, not having a mechanical interlock for reverse is poor design, and dare i say it, asking for trouble. sure enough, a novice who's got less than 5 hours of seat time on a clutch machine would shift slow enough to be able to respond to an audible/visual reverse warning, but more experienced riders that simply click up and down according to their power/speed needs will inevitably hit reverse accidentally (and hopefully not rack their nuts into the handlebars!) a better design would be either an electronic switch that disengaged some sort of interlock pawl, or a hand lever (like any other reverse-equipped quad).

sounds like jetmoto has made some good progress. we have a 110 and 200 shaftie that have their issues, but are worth the money. now that their stuff is getting sorted out, they're an even better value.

Old 02-16-2006, 02:26 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: geo
imho, not having a mechanical interlock for reverse is poor design, and dare i say it, asking for trouble. sure enough, a novice who's got less than 5 hours of seat time on a clutch machine would shift slow enough to be able to respond to an audible/visual reverse warning, but more experienced riders that simply click up and down according to their power/speed needs will inevitably hit reverse accidentally (and hopefully not rack their nuts into the handlebars!) a better design would be either an electronic switch that disengaged some sort of interlock pawl, or a hand lever (like any other reverse-equipped quad).

sounds like jetmoto has made some good progress. we have a 110 and 200 shaftie that have their issues, but are worth the money. now that their stuff is getting sorted out, they're an even better value.

On the Jetmoto 200 that I have you cant shift into reverse if the quad is moving at all. You also cant shift out of reverse if the quad is moving. I tried to do each of these things very early on. You also cant start the quad in gear. I didnt check to see if pulling in the clutch would allow it to start. I will check that out tonite or tomorrow.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:20 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Ive spent another 2 hours or so riding the Jetmoto around and ive only found one thing I dont like about it. The choke **** is spring loaded and has to be held in position while the quad is warming up. Sort of annoying, but once its warmed up its no problem. The Jetmoto 200 fires right up but is a little cold blooded. It needs to warm up for a couple of minutes before riding away. Other than that it is a decent little quad.
We drag raced the Yamoto 150 against the Jetmoto 200. It was no contest and if the 200 could have gotten better traction it would have been worse. As it was the 200 pulled 1-1 1/2 quad length's for every gear change.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What are your thoughts as to how it would handle at Pismo?
How do you think the quad would perform with a set of paddles on it?
Do you have any trips planned to ride the Jetmoto in the sand?

Sorry for all the questions.

The reason why I ask is, I might be looking for a quad to putt around at Pismo with. My son and daughter would like to ride at Pismo, but we just haven't had the chance to go since I bought my daughters quad. Now I don't want to have to follow her around on the 426, the CRF 150's just won't cut it and the DRZ is for trail riding only, plus I don't think it would do to well in the sand either. My daughter just rides to slow which is OK with me, I just want her to have fun. The Jetmoto would only get moderate abuse, no jumps just casual rides. I like what you have posted so far on the quad, I just need some input on how it handles in the sand.

One other thing, I am looking for the cheap alternative for now. I'm not sure if I want to take the next step and buy the Name Brand Quad for myself. I'm still more comfortable riding my bikes than quads.

Thanks for any info.

SB.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MWQ, thanks for the review. I am looking forward to your further Jetmoto adventures, lol.

John, it certainly seems that some of the import quality has really been improving. I give you credit for pushing the manufacturers to step up quality and performance. I plan on watching developments with your future lineup, as I would love to buy my little guy a mini in the next year or so. Right now I am leaning towards a used LT80, but like the direction you seem to be going in and your rep. here at the Connection.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Scooter86
Our company has been working very hard on some new things things for 2006! Hoping we can really bring this all to the next level! Sit tight!
Raceway ATV & Jetmoto

Old 02-22-2006, 08:20 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: smb05
What are your thoughts as to how it would handle at Pismo?
How do you think the quad would perform with a set of paddles on it?
Do you have any trips planned to ride the Jetmoto in the sand?

Sorry for all the questions.

The reason why I ask is, I might be looking for a quad to putt around at Pismo with. My son and daughter would like to ride at Pismo, but we just haven't had the chance to go since I bought my daughters quad. Now I don't want to have to follow her around on the 426, the CRF 150's just won't cut it and the DRZ is for trail riding only, plus I don't think it would do to well in the sand either. My daughter just rides to slow which is OK with me, I just want her to have fun. The Jetmoto would only get moderate abuse, no jumps just casual rides. I like what you have posted so far on the quad, I just need some input on how it handles in the sand.

One other thing, I am looking for the cheap alternative for now. I'm not sure if I want to take the next step and buy the Name Brand Quad for myself. I'm still more comfortable riding my bikes than quads.

Thanks for any info.

SB.
I think it would do quite well in the sand. It makes real good power for its size. And should have litle to no trouble pulling paddle tires. The first time im planning on going to pismo is in July. I always go the weekend after the 4th of July.

No problem with all the questions. I am still impressed with this quad, especially compared to the Yamoto 150. I am 6'4 235lbs and this quad pulls me around quite nicely. Its still what I would call a mid size quad, but this one has power and some decent suspension. I think this would be great for you being a dirt bike rider, you have your dirt bike for high speed thrills, this would be perfect for putting with the kids.

Quick Reply: MWQ gets a Jetmoto 200 quad!!