Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Need info on 50 cc purchase - Suzuki 4-stroke?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy - Need information on 50 purchase!

First I want to say hello to all of you guys out there. I have been reading up on some of you guys' experiences and they have been very helpful!

Now to my question. Based on my research for what I want/need for my son (and 2 other children to follow), I had basically made up my mind to buy a Suzuki or Kawasaki 50. My plan was to buy a new one or a slightly used one if I found the right deal. I stopped by a dealer that I hadn't yet visited on Friday and he showed me a couple of ATV's that he claimed were the "new" Suzuki 50 4-stroke model. I am aware that the Kawasaki/Suzuki has been a 2-stroke forever so I am confused. Further, I visited Suzuki's website and they do not show a current 50 cc ATV of any kind (only 80 cc and bigger). What's up with that? Does Suzuki really have a 2006 or 2007 4-stroke 50 cc ATV? Does anybody have any experience with it? I am confused, Please enlighten me!

Thanks!

Old 05-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Need info on 50 cc purchase - Suzuki 4-stroke?

NEVERMIND!!! I just looked at Suzuki's website again and realized the new 4-stroke model is the Z50...I thought it said 250 the first time I looked at it. I still would like to hear about any experiences with this new little ATV thus far. I am most interested in the following:

1. Does it have an easily adjustable rev limiter like the 2-stroke models?
2. What is the top end speed of this quad (I am not a fan of what has to be done do the Yamaha to speed it up because I am cheap and not much of a mechanic/tinkerer)?

Thanks!

Old 05-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Range Rover

Alabamaboy,

I have a 2006 4 stroke Z50.

It does not have an adjustable CDI period... If you find any info on how to do that let me know....

Top speed after sleeve removal and tweaking is 18 MPH... Maybe 19...

If you have any additional questions please drop me a line at "hibrass@earthlink.net" I have been working on this quad since Febuary.. It is a great little bike and should have a lot of potintial if you can find a after market CDI...

Good Luck,

Hibrass

Old 05-31-2006, 11:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

There are alot of 50cc machines out there.
I feel the Z50 is a good yard machine. As ststed by the other guy, 18mph after wasting months of time and trouble.
If you want a yard machine and have no plans on modding/racing then get the Z60.
If mods are in your future (most want something to help the 50cc's out), the DRR is the one I'd buy, but there are plenty of other choices as well. All better options than the Z50 IMO. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just posted a message about the Suzuki 50 ATV called "Rev Limiter bypass/fix for 2006 Suzuki ATV 50". I brought the bike home and took it for a test ride down the street and it ran terrible but because the throttle limiter was so far in I just assumed that was the issue. My son rode it once and it sputtered so bad he couldn't even get up the smallest hills. I screwed the throttle limiter out all the way and still it begins to sputter way too soon.

I took it back to the dealer and so far, they have no fix for me so I would love to hear what you've done to make it sputter less or run better. As it is now, my 6 year old will be tired of it after a few rides.

One last Q: You mention the sleeve removal (I assume you mean the little ring that is located near the drive belt?) Did you remove it yourself and if so, how easy was it? The manual says you need a special tool. Many thanks for help so far and I look forward to any info you can give me. I'll be sure to let you know if the dealer comes up with something.

If you prefer, you can email me direct at Mike.Yeomans@pacbell.net

Old 06-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Any updates on the 2006 Z 50 yet?

THanks

Mark

Old 06-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Range Rover

Goat,

Noth'n yet...

But I will update as soon as I find something that works...

Hibrass