Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

SEADAWG'S CHINESE INSPECTION SQUAD

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEADAWG'S CHINESE INSPECTION SQUAD

Got both of them today in crates... Everything seemed packaged well... lots of bubble wrap and protection on most surfaces. Had to assemble the handlebars, drum brakes, tires (front and rear), bumper, and nose piece. Also had to attach headlights for the 200cc. Had to get an extra washer from Lowe's to complete the installation of tires. One of the tires had too much space, and needed an extra washer. After adding fuel, the 200cc started right up... sounded a little wierd at first, but evened out, and with a little idle adjustments, sounded good for a Chinese ATV. Gears on the 200cc seem a little short, but then again, I'm used to riding the Raptor 660. After riding it for a while, I realized that for a 200cc, this little ATV can pick up and go. The 70cc came with a wireless remote to stop and start the ATV from 50 FT away (safety feature for children).

Now for the critiques:

The levers (brake and clutch) are far from the handlebars and cause problems for women and children with small hands. Not that much of a problem because they can be adjusted some what. The air filter is an open air K & N imitation with a dust cover over it. I'm guessing here, but I don't think this will perform very well in dusty climates. The gas tank is not vented on the 200cc... it's a cheesy gas cap similar to a street bike, just crappier.

I didn't have too much time to mess with it today, but I will have more to come. Check out the pictures in my profile.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Sir,
Great review. You are the perfect person to test them and see what they got. You have a lot of toys and know that all of them have pros and cons. Go beat them up and keep us posted. Also, thanks for posting and keeping us updated. SEADAWG

Old 08-15-2006, 02:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

Smoovlatino,

Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't aware Yamaha was spelled "Suzuki"??? (last 2 pics on your profile labelled "Yamaha LT-Z 250"...the white bike with the blue seat that says "Suzuki" on it...) :-)

Old 08-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally posted by: Dane2
Smoovlatino,

Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't aware Yamaha was spelled "Suzuki"??? (last 2 pics on your profile labelled "Yamaha LT-Z 250"...the white bike with the blue seat that says "Suzuki" on it...) :-)
I wouldn't sweat it, they spelled it "Kawasaki" on mine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah, I know... I've known about it for a while; just too lazy to fix it because I have to delete the entire photo and repost with new caption. Now it's fixed....

Old 08-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer

Anyway, took the 2006 Yamoto 200cc out for the first time tonight. The suspension was immediately noticeable as my female friend was bouncing around over every little bump. She pulled up next to me and pouted her bottom lip... "It's jumping around everywhere". I laughed and told her she just had to get used to it. To draw my own conclusion, I had her dismount and I got on. I took it up a dirt hill riddled with Jeep tracks. It felt like I was riding a PowerWheels with everything I could feel. When I turned hard to throw the rear wheels, I damn near flipped over! I was laughing so hard when I brought it back to her.... "Yup! Suspension feels like crap!" She continued to ride the rest of the night with her upset with the new purchase. The problem is she is used to riding the 2005 Suzuki LTZ 250 and the 2005 Yamaha Raptor 660... so she's been pampered with quality suspension and hard riding.

Honestly, I don't think there will be too much hard riding unless the rider wants to fly off! Anyone have similar problems with the suspension?

Old 08-28-2006, 11:32 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

I wasnt that happy with the stock suspension on my '04 Yamoto 150. It was horrrible before I did some mods. I would have thought they would have fixed that by now.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer

What type of mods should I look at doing? The suspension is terrible!

Old 08-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer

What did you do to yours to make the ride more bearable?

Old 08-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

Got a new red desert cat 90 this past weekend from raceway atv
Packaged very well
Not very painful...I found a few minor problems if any....The carb intake boot wasn't secured properly(re-adjust the metal clamp)...one fender bolt fell out(put another one in)....the ignition rubber boot and headlight rubber boot under the fenders were not secured( fixed)...Other than that a quick adjust of the front brake cable and idel....

Items not included: flag and shock covers....?

The machine ripps around very well....Looks to be just as good as one would find at a local jap atv dealer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My sister 11yr old is gonna have a great time gaining skills......

Quick Reply: SEADAWG'S CHINESE INSPECTION SQUAD