Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Wrong spark plug?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrong spark plug?

Ok while I am still frustrated about my problems with the Komoto 250 Chinese quad that I bought I am still not ready to just let it go. I noticed something about my spark plug that got me thinking. The manual says the correct plug # is a AT7C and when cross referenced with NGK it says the plug has a 10mm thread and is 1/2 inch long. The plug that came in the quad is a D8TC which cross referenced says the the thread is 12mm and 3/4 inch long. Could this be causing all my problems? Maybe the extra 1/4 inch of threads is going too far into the cylinder head and not firing correctly? Is it possible to even go back to the plug the manual states to use if in fact they used a 12mm threaded plug? The engine runs very very hot when it does get started then the surging issue also happens just thought maybe if the wrong plug was put ii could it cause the problem I have been having.

Old 06-15-2006, 02:26 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: CrewCab
Ok while I am still frustrated about my problems with the Komoto 250 Chinese quad that I bought I am still not ready to just let it go. I noticed something about my spark plug that got me thinking. The manual says the correct plug # is a AT7C and when cross referenced with NGK it says the plug has a 10mm thread and is 1/2 inch long. The plug that came in the quad is a D8TC which cross referenced says the the thread is 12mm and 3/4 inch long. Could this be causing all my problems? Maybe the extra 1/4 inch of threads is going too far into the cylinder head and not firing correctly? Is it possible to even go back to the plug the manual states to use if in fact they used a 12mm threaded plug? The engine runs very very hot when it does get started then the surging issue also happens just thought maybe if the wrong plug was put ii could it cause the problem I have been having.
I would assume that the manual is wrong. You couldnt put a 10 mm thread in a 12mm hole. It would fall out. As long as your using a NGK and not the stock plug the plug probubly isnt the problem.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

Instead of being upset about the quad. Just think about all the money you saved by buying that instead of a Polaris-Yamaha-Honda etc..... Of course with one of those you would actually be riding it today, but hey dont forget about all that money you saved.

Old 06-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: watzupdog
Instead of being upset about the quad. Just think about all the money you saved by buying that instead of a Polaris-Yamaha-Honda etc..... Of course with one of those you would actually be riding it today, but hey dont forget about all that money you saved.
Yes, being a *** and sarcastic really helps me, thanks for the reply.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

The reply was free and you got something out of it. Unlike the quad you bought.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Range Rover

06/19/2006

WatzupDog,

Your comment was indeed equal to free, for it was of no value... And uncalled for...

The price of a quad does not nessasarily indicate its value to user. I have two Kazuma mini's that have served their purpose well with little problem in the last year in a half... Yet in a thread that exists on this forum I and serval others are having problems getting the New Suzuki Z50 to go past 15 MPH with our 6 and 7 year old boys... Should I feel that I got my moneys worth???

Crewcab,

I have nothing to offer on your problem but I wish you luck in getting it resolved.

Ed "Hibrass" Harley

Old 06-19-2006, 10:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

If ya cannot offer technical info,,,,,shutupdog!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

Crewcab watch the language. Theres no need for that... Theres young kids that read these post and they dont need to read that type of BS.

LT80 LOL.......

Old 06-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer

Dog, you are the one that should grow up. You attacked me in this post for no reason other than your own satisfaction just as a kid would do. Come back and play when you are man enough.

Hibrass and LT80, Thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2006, 12:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Ok, I see it as a "we're even" thing now.
We had our rants and a chukle. Lets get back on track. Please. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Wrong spark plug?