Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc camo...new design looks cool >>>

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja 90cc camo...new design looks cool >>>

I see Baja has a new camo 50cc and 90cc atv's as well as some new dirt bikes (according to my new Pepboy's ad from last Sunday's paper).....they are really picking up steam and looking better all the time......check out the new body style on the camo 90cc on Pepboys.com web site.....looks really sweet with new lights..tires and a whole new front.......may just sell my 90 for a new one....not sure if the Baja motorsports site has these new ones yet .....???

Old 07-13-2006, 10:11 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

I have looked at the Baja quads and they seem ok. What bothers me is that they are being sold by a Auto Parts store that doesnt carry any of the parts for the Baja quad. I would think if they were serious about selling the quads they would not only sell the parts but work on the quads too

Old 07-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Trailblazer

Thats been a non-issue for me.....I had my Baja 90cc for over a year now and have not done a thing to it.....other than a new battery for wal-mart.....old battery was fine but the new one is better....has not missed a start and run's great....for the $$ you save.....its been a steal.....if you are concern about repairs and parts.....you will need to spend more $$ and get a name brand bike with a good warranty and customer service......again I have had five Pepboy bikes......49cc, couple of 2-strokes...90cc atv and our new KC 70cc pitbike.....all good bikes.....in 2 years of ownership.....had to fix a throttle cable and get a new tire tube on the 49cc......small stuff.....again for the cash save they have been really good.....oh and I can crank a wrench if I need to fix something.......really the Baja's are about taking care of the bikes yourself and saving cash on the price......you will pay more for a name brand and it may be worth it for the customer service alone.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:58 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

I think your very fortunate. I have read a few complaints about parts availability and that is what is goping to seperate the good, the bad, and the ugly with the chinese quad market. Even Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki/Suzuki, etc..... dealerships carry parts for their products. I think it would help if you could buy the parts where you buy the quad/dirt bike.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer

I hear ya and understand it would be nice....not sure why they don't......keep in mine these are simple engines....almost honda look alike's.......most of the parts are crossovers.....the bigger Baja's (called ..Extremes's) have Suzuki engines in them as advertised......they do have a 150cc and a old 250cc non-Extreme version that has a different looking engine and looks a little more difficult to work on......rest are fine and the brand new ones as of this summer look even better for sure....Baja has parts too.....I'm very careful with my bikes and take good care of them.....correction above......I owned my bikes for over 3 years.....me and most the people Ive talk to here and other places have fair well too........check out the old baja thread with many pages listed.......good info there !!!!

Old 07-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Trailblazer

Update;.....went in to my local Pepboys and check out the new camo wilderness trail utility Baja's.......really like the new 90cc......has front and rear cargo racks......much larger mud slinging tires....very nice looking front and rear ends...with new lights.....we do a little hunting as well and it looks to be a very able bike to haul a little corn to my feeder and put out a few salt blocks.....uumm.My current baja 90 is doing quite well after a year of ownership... so its gonna be kinda hard to made room for another bike...saving my pennies....lol !

Old 07-19-2006, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

Bozzy is your Baja 50 that little yellow one with the honda knock off 4 stroke motor??

I bought one for my boys last year and they really like the thing. The one boy likes it more than the quads! It runs ok BUT the air filter is **** poor. So I have to constantly clean it but even then I see it lets in dirt to the carb....and engine!! Especailly if the boys take it through the mud.
I have made several different sheilds and deflectors trying to make it not suck the air directly from the rear tire like it was from the factory. I've heard stories of guys saying they wear the rings out on these things I can see why with the poor air filter set up and not cleaning constantly!!!!

I have given up on it as I've had it out and washed it so many times the foam is about worn out! I looked at the baja 90 bike and it has the same darn filter set up.

Just wondering if you have seen the same problems and if you have mounted on a different style of filter some how. I noticed some of the chinese pit bikes amoung others have just a filter out in the open to the side at an angle. I think even this set up would be better then whats on there now. I noticed Honda uses this style on its little XR's.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Sawyer....yeah thats the same bike....I did notice the new Baja dirt bikes look more like my KC pitbike.....Baja makes a MX 50cc and 70cc now......one thing I like about my Pitbike is that it comes with a high performance K&N air filter and exhaust.....has a great big bike sound and has a lot more power......my old yellow 50cc Baja bike.....of which I painted blue..has ran fine....no smoke...had to change a rear tire tube that was a pain.... and my fuel float got stuck once in the carb......just needed a few whacks with my rubber mallet to free......which does tell me their is some dirt in the carb gettin past the filter........and yeah the oil does get real dirty quit......the filters are really bad........you could put on a K&N filter and that would solve all your problems.....our little Baja does not see that much dirt anymore......since we got the Baja 90 atv and 70cc KC pitbike.....mom and I ride the 50 while my boy and I switch off on the other two......the pitbike is a real dirt racer....nice ground clearance and heavy shocks......we jump on it....its a dirt chewing machine.