Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

What happened to the mini quad knowledge on this site?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to the mini quad knowledge on this site?

I should be so lucky.....

Old 08-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Range Rover

i am not a vendor, some on here may know me on other forums as markvette or quaddad. my son has raced mini quads for 4 years now. i have built everything from 90cc national motors to fire breathing 115cc strokers, my son runs a eton with a 110cc stroker. i use to come over here a lot and try to help out. one thing that probably keeps a lot of the informed people away is that this mini quad forum has pretty much turned into the chineese mini quad forum, not putting them down but they are usually not built as race machines ( ok samson sorry ). i just happen to be very lucky and know most the gurus. billy holt at wrh racing is a personal friend of mine and lives about 80 miles from me. hopefully this wont get me kicked off here, i know brad simms at simms racing and our boys have raced together, i know rich hetrick but have only seen him at national races, i know t-rex tommy, have talked to lt 80 jack a few times but have never met him in person. anyway basically i am saying i have been lucky to know and be around some of the best in the mini quad business and have learned a lot from these people. i like most here started out a few years ago with a stock eton 90 that needed a top end, started asking questions on forums and now i can rebuild one of these little motors blind folded. sorry to say i know very little about most the chineese minis. i also have an 18 year old son that races quads, started at 14 racing a cannondale moto for a dealer and spanking all the local guys. after cannondale went belly up we bought a used 400ex. we done all the work ourselves and ended up with a very respectable 440ex. it now has a yamaha yz426 dirtbike motor in it bored to 446 and again we did all the work ourselves, frame mods and all. i am in the process of buildinh my 13 year old a honda 300ex to replace his mini quad as he has out grown the mini. anyway i will help if i can but i dont check here every day.

Mark

Old 08-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Range Rover

Just curious I have an 05 70 Viper, where did you get the chain tensioner on your 90? I have been looking for one. The quad is stock...and the chain slapps the frame even when adjusted.

Thanks..

Old 08-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by: cvc42
Just curious I have an 05 70 Viper, where did you get the chain tensioner on your 90? I have been looking for one. The quad is stock...and the chain slapps the frame even when adjusted. Thanks..

Not to sure if you are asking a specific individual (in the above replies) or asking anyone who knows the answer? As a suggestion, post your exact same question in a new thread. The folks who purchased / installed the Sprong Loaded chain tensioner solution for the E-Ton brand (like oldyeller on his E-Ton 90) may not be reading this specific thread. For product details (for his trail riding mini), you may want to send him a direct PM (Private Message).

Hope this idea helps...

Old 08-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Range Rover

got the tensioner from wrh racing

Mark