Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

sunl sucks

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunl sucks

Look what I received. This is just the SOS. Does this surprise anyone?

Fri, 1 Dec 2006 19:48:53 -0800 (PST)
From: "Tony Hung" <thung88@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
Subject: About SUNL
To: plvm52@yahoo.com

Hi,
I was in Chinese ATV business before and I can
tell you a secret about SUNL and nobody knows. Sunl is
a company they go to China cheat and steal ATVs from
Manufacturers. This is why they have so many complaint
about their warranty issue. There are getting less and
less manufacturers in China wants to do business with
them. And most of their products are non EPA approved.
I still don?t know why they haven?t being closed down
by United States government. Some of the importers
will force some Chinese manufacturers put a 200 cc
engine in a 250cc model. So now you should know how
they do business. If a manufacturer was cheated by
SUNL for more than one time, do you think they still
want to do business with them ever? This is why they
can never have enough spare parts for their product. I
hope someone will get together to have class action
against those dirty importer.
Tony

Old 12-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

i also read this on their web page too but i don't understand,maybe someone can explain to me, if the sunl group is a texas corp. and has their business in texas how does the laws of california govern their business practices and be adjudicated in texas?

Old 12-04-2006, 01:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

Have you ever heard this slang statement? "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bs. ...
This must be the sunl motto. I bet every sales rep. and all management gets up and recites this in their motivation meetings. There are many things that are deceitful with this group. You just got started, just keep digging.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Range Rover
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: medicineman76
Have you ever heard this slang statement? "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bs. ...
This must be the sunl motto.
Slang?....I call em weasel words... words that don't state the exact facts but mean or imply something else. SUNL likes using weasel words. The weasel implies that they are the same quality as a Honda, implies that there is a warranty, implies that there is parts support, etc, but once the weasel makes the sale, he won't be there to help with any problems or warranty issues. The weasel lies, takes the money then disappears back into his hole.

Old 12-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

***edited by atv connection moderator***

Old 12-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Range Rover
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: aclark1323
***edited by atv connection moderator***
gee moderator....what did he say?

Old 12-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

The bad part is the dealer wants the rock bottom price and to sell high. Thus results in this. You get what you pay for. Even as a dealer. Falls under "Buyer beware". I would buy from a dealer who has been around for awhile and knows the good and bad manufactures out there. Do your home work as a end user. As for the dealers, buy a "Sample" order and check them out.

Good luck.
PS. Love my Skout Quad =)

Old 12-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

OK - now that we have had our leason in Economics 101 let's get to the nut cutting. Sunl sells junk and don't back it up. They take your so called buyer beware to another level and they take BSing people to another level. I don't know how you handle business in California but if you screw me in Texas, I'm making life hell for you if I can. There are economical Chinese bikes out there that stay together and the distributor has parts and backs it up. It's just that Sunl is not one of them. So I made an A on my homework.
Good luck dude.

Old 12-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

lesson - spell ck. missed it.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Range Rover
Default sunl sucks

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...unl-c3998.html

Purchased SUNL Hanma R6 December 22, 2007?.given as Christmas gift to 6 year old 54 pound (24.49 kg) grandson. He received gift on December 26th.

The recommended inspection before riding was completed on December 24th per the checklist in the owners manual. In addition to pre-ride inspection all bolts and nuts were checked for tightness. One bolt was found missing in rear muffler hanger and a number of bolts were loose. The nuts that attach the muffler to the engine head were loose and also tightened. Lug nuts on wheels were also checked for proper torque.

During pre-ride inspection what looked to be a small crack was noted on rear rack bracket.

Per instruction booklet motor break in procedures were followed by setting throttle at approximately half throttle for first ten hours. Youngster rode with father who was on a Kawasaki quad and father insured that engine speed was varied and that constant low speed was avoided However, unit was never broken in due to a total of ten hours not being completed. The vehicle held together only long enough for one tank of fuel and part of another tank to be used.

December 26th: Rear muffler bolt came loose and was lost. Bolt replaced. Rear rack bracket broke and rack went forward into plastic body housing breaking plastic body.

December 27th: Keeping muffler tight continued to be a problem and muffler was wired because muffler bracket broke. Battery case latching system broke.

December 28th: Chain came off and had to be replaced and retightened and muffler continued to work loose at engine head.

December 29th: front rack mounting broke and bolts holding muffler on engine head came loose and were lost, This was the end of using the unit. Unit was returned to dealer on January 4th,

The unit is sold as an all terrain vehicle for off use road only. This unit was never subjected to any excess weight, nothing was carried on either rack, and the unit was never subjected to any severe treatment such as jumping or high speed operation in rough terrain, or for that matter even over mild terrain.. Unit was operated in field and pasture conditions in a rural area. None of the areas would be considered extreme or severe terrain. Overall the unit was operated in what would be considered mild territory for any off road or all terrain vehicle.

The dealer has stated that the damage to the unit appeared to be ?impact? damage. There was never any impact with any object other than those that were attached to the unit and fell off and impacted some other part of the unit such as the rear rack hitting the plastic body.

I have absolutely no complaints at all about the engine other than the muffler not staying on the unit. Engine started easily every time and ran excellent. Brakes worked well and transmission seemed to perform flawlessly. However, I would add that the unit has not operated the full 10 hours as recommended for break in.

The major problem I see is that the tubing used in the construction of the frame and racks is of extremely poor quality. With such little operating time under such mild conditions and seeing all of the welds break and other frame problems I am concerned that a major frame component could fail. Failure of a major part such as swing arm or other steering component could result in sever injury or even death to the rider and even low speeds. Don't waste your money, or chance your kids life.

Quick Reply: sunl sucks