Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

sunl sucks

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunl sucks

I don't think we will accomplish our goal by personal mud slinging even though the GM, owner and some sales reps. at Dallas sunl could use a dose of their own meds. I believe Big Ric is on the right track. We must concentrate on the people that can make a difference like the CPSC, TxDOT, BBB, etc. and keep the www hopping at sites like this one, squeakiewheels, sunlsucks, etc. Just pass this info to anyone considering a sunl purchase at any level.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Range Rover
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: bassinms
Very intersting thread here. I just have a questions, probably a stupid question, but are BMX quads the same as SUNL quads? I know some people that have bought quads for Christmas from bestpriceatv's.com, anyone know anything about this website or the BMX quads?
Best Price Atvs, BMX Powersports, Freedom Scooter, Freedom Imports, Savoia Inc, and Big Time Powersports are all the same company.

http://bmxpowersports.com/
http://freedomscooter.com
http://www.bigtimepowersports.com

And yes Freedom Scooter sells many of the same poor quality garbage products that SUNL does.
If there is anybody in the Powersports industry that comes even close to the slimeyness of SUNL, it's Freedom Scooter of Dallas TX. However, unlike SUNL...Freedom Scooter does have a few parts if you don't mind inflated
prices.

And of course they also have an extremely bad UNSATISFACTORY BBB record
http://www.dallas.bbb.org/commonrepo...682&language=1
My advice is to AVOID! If you buy one of their ATVs, you spend more time fixin
it than ridin.

Old 11-18-2006, 12:42 AM
Trailblazer
Default sunl sucks

This does make for some really interesting reading, and I think we can agree that this company is not the best. But, I have to ask.....Please don't get to upset.

Personally as a business owner if I were purchasing a product or items from a wholesaler and those items were faulty and breaking down while they were being loaded into the trailer, why would you continue to buy the merchandise? If this was the only problem or an isolated incident then I understand, yet it seems that purchases were made from the company more than once. I would discontinue doing business with any company not offering a refund and only dealing on a cash basis. Bells and whistles should have gone off in your head. Since they did not does this equate to the business retailer as part of the problem? After all, he did see bad merchandise being loaded up or breaking down as it was loaded up for transport. Who can you trust as a consumer with busness people operating this way?

This is why the federal government steps in, everyone involved has their hands out and only sees the color green and could care less about consumer safety.

Old 11-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default sunl sucks

I was thinking the same thing .Burn me once.........Burn me 100000 times

Old 11-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: Bigboredhonda
yes she is still the same. im one step ahead of you.
Bigboredhonda, Now you have me totally confused. After sticking up for Sun-l on all these post's. In your statment "Im one step ahead of you." Are you saying your planing on leaving Sun-l?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

Deserthillbilly & aqharoper: Not that I owe you an explanation but you got it. I have owned various businesses for thirty six years. I start businesses and try to sell them within the first three years and I have made a lot of money doing this. This is the first time I have owned a motorsports business. We opened the business in mid Oct 2005 last year and I bought over $200K of sunl product before Feb. 2006. Have you ever heard of quanity discounts? The majority of the products were sold around Christmas. I had a layaway program and would send a truck to sunl dallas three times a week and sometimes pick up sixty units each time. The one I went to load up on the trailer that blew a driftshaft case was replaced but I purchased over twenty of those at $2K ea. wholesale. The majority of the sunl products didn't start coming back until after Jan. 1. I took the really screwed up ones to sunl and they attempted to fix them or try to BS me about why these units were not covered with warranty. My mechanics fixed some of them but many of them we could not get parts to fix them from sunl. I haven't bought a sunl unit since then and I will not buy any in the future. If you guys want a taste of there crap just jump right on in and get a big taste. We are just trying to prevent people form falling into the sunl trap. Hopefully you can take a hint.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

bigboreredhonda, i do have a problem with u, u think ur hoyty toyty with all your money you have, and u still treat your customers like crap, as i had said before, and im also glad you moved and i hope your business goes down the drain, and you also lie about your product, you said you hope you can get the most $30 out of 1 90cc 4-wheller when i know thats a crock because ive bought them from u before and u go up at least $25 a week.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default sunl sucks

another reason i dont like sunl is when i pulled a 250kz off the trailer the drive shaft came through the motor and the bike was just put together

Old 11-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Range Rover
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: lilrea
another reason i dont like sunl is when i pulled a 250kz off the trailer the drive shaft came through the motor and the bike was just put together
Ah yes.....the SUNL SLA-250KZ shaft drive 250cc. Described by many SUNL dealers as the "best deal in the powersports industry, with incredible torque and power!". Unfortunately the rear-end can't take all this supposed power. In reality this is the worst 250cc ATV on the market with a poorly designed and manufactured rear differential that self destructs within minutes of the very first ride. SUNL knows it's junk, knows it will break, yet continues to sell this model AND DOES NOT STOCK PARTS FOR IT.

This is SUNL's webpage
SUNL's other page
SUNL.COM SLA-250KZ

and here is an unfortunate buyer of a SUNL SLA-250KZ that's been waiting 5 months on a warranty claim.
SLA-250KZ

Old 11-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Range Rover
Default sunl sucks

Originally posted by: Bigboredhonda
Bigric, what is your problem with SunL?

I have a problem with SUNL employees who review the products they sell.

SUNL Transformer Review

Quick Reply: sunl sucks